⁷ˣ¹³. ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵈᵉᶜᵉⁱᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ⁽ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒ⁾

season seven, episode thirteen

"Mark's the baby daddy?"

Ryan asked when he sat in Mark's apartment where Callie was staying for a few days ever since Arizona left for Africa, "Does Lexie know?" He asked his friend seeing Callie shake her head, "Mark and Lexie, they were broken up. They got back together the day after it happened, I—" Callie started to say as Ryan looked at his friend.

"Hey," his hand touched her knee, "It'll be okay. What did Arizona say?" He asked knowing that Callie had spoke to Arizona, "I don't know. I haven't—I've gave her time to think about it. I don't know what she's going to say."

Ryan frowned when seeing his friend upset, "I don't want her saying that she's in, to then bail again when things get rough," Callie admitted as Ryan rubbed her arm, "She'll stay, I know how Arizona gets, I'm the same—"

"You didn't bail when things got rough, though?"

"I did, back when Meredith called me about our mom having Alzheimer's, I ignored her calls, I just couldn't— I couldn't look at my mother the same after she made me choose," He admitted to his friend, "But now, looking back at it, I wish I would've at least said goodbye."

Callie looked at Ryan who spoke sincerely about his mother's death, "You're a good friend, Ryan." The said smile put a charming smile on his lips, "I know," He chuckled when Callie scoffed hitting his arm, "Go and talk to Arizona, I know you want to."

"Ok." Callie stands up from the couch as Ryan smiled at her, "I'll see you at the hospital." Ryan smiled at her, when he also stood up from the couch exiting from Mark's apartment door, and exiting the building going to his own apartment that was across the street from his friends's.

____

"You're on Derek's service, right?"

Meredith asked when coming towards her brother who was walking down the hallway with a chart about Derek's patient two, Daniel Cobb, "I am." He admitted to his sister as he carried on walking, "Why? Did something happen?"

Meredith shook her head as Ryan then saw Derek standing near the OR board, "Shepherd!" He said when approaching his superior, "Uh, patient number two, Daniel Cobb, admitted and in a room. His wife has some questions for you." He said to his best friend.

"I—can't believe—he picked you for this thing instead of me?"

Ryan makes a smug look on his face to his older sister, "Well, Dr Shepherd—he didn't wanna leave anything to chance." He smugly said with a raise of his eyebrows making Meredith look in between her brother and husband, "Now you both can go to hell."