⁷ˣ⁰⁷. ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵐᵉ ᵗʳʸⁱⁿᵍ

season seven, episode seven

Callum Ritchie hadn't been the same

Callum Ritchie hadn't been the same. After the shooting, Callum went to his parents who tried stopping him from going back. Going back to the place that almost got him killed.

"Hi."

Ryan smiled when he slid on his lab coat turning his head to see Callum Ritchie in the space next to him, "Dude, you're back." Callum nods his head, as some of his friends welcomed him back, "I—I went to go and see my parents, and they wouldn't let me come back cause of the shooting and cause how they saw how big of a toll it took on me," Ryan hummed at his friend's words, "But I'm happy and happy to be back."

"Am I early? I tried really hard not to be." Meredith admitted coming into the skills lab, "That doesn't bode well." The Avery male admitted, "We did the same thing with Bailey when we were interns. Take turns treating a dummy, get an early lunch, then get back to work. It's lame." Alex admitted, since Caitlin couldn't do the trauma certification, Ryan would be doing it in her place.

Owen Hunt came into the room with yellow trauma gown, "A charter plane was forced into an emergency landing, and collided with a Greyhound bus. Mass casualty situation." The trauma attending said, "Do I need to say it again? Let's move!"

The residents all followed after the trauma surgeon, "Close to thirty victims in the field, some critical, mutliple blunt trauma injuries." The trauma surgeon as the residents all ran out seeing a bunch of dummies on the floor, "I was so looking forward to an early lunch."

"This is gonna suck." Meredith said as Ryan nods his head.

Owen Hunt smiled at that, "Welcome to trauma certification. You will work in teams of five. Each team will be responsible for nine casualties." Steve, a fellow third year resident placed coloured sticks on their trauma gowns, "You may treat your patients using only what you can carry with your two hands from this ambulance. The evac helicopter is on its way." Owen told them, "You get your patients ok the helicopter, you get certified. Are you ready?"

"Get to work."

The residents ran towards the ambulance getting what they needed for their patients, "According to this card, this guy's got a blown right pupil, and an atlanto-occipital dislocation, open book pelvis, large open abdomen wound—" April read out her patient's card.

"Or he's dead." Callum stated to the girl he liked as April nods her head, "Right. Moving on." The female did as said making Ryan chuckle.

"Blue team. Status report." Owen Hunt said.

April spoke for her team, "We arrived on the scene to find nine casualties. We identified three as priority one, requiring immediate evacuation. Four were priority two, allowing for delayed evac. One was priority three and the last was, sadly dead on the scene." April Kepner explained to the trauma surgeon as Alex, Ryan and Jackson stand on either side of her.