ONE

Mizuki●

2 weeks earlier.

"Your birthdays in 2 weeks are you excited?" My friend Azura asked in her normally chirpy voice.

"No, not really," I said as I turned back to my lunch.

Truthfully, I wish I could stay 17 forever and not live through the hell I was about to live through.

Having to lose my pack and my family was not something any 17 year old could manage. I could already feel my heart aching for a loss I hadn't even experienced yet.

You might be wondering how I knew that I was going to lose my mom and dad. That was because I had a special kind of skill.

If that's what you want to call it.

It's more like a curse. It was not that I could see the future or anything it was just that I could see any upcoming bad things that would happen in my life.

I first found out I had these powers when I was 9. I saw the flashes of me in the party about to blow out my candles on my birthday cake when the cake fell out of my moms hand and my shirt caught fire.

The flashes were so fast but clear I knew exactly what to expect.

When I saw the cake tilt, I took a step back, and it fell to the floor.

After that, every time something bad was going to happen, I would get these flashes.

And no, I'm not like psychic or anything.

I only see what is going to happen to me.

Last night, I had a nightmare, or so I thought. Images of my mom and dad being killed and me running were all I could see.

Over and over, every time I closed my eyes, I could see my parents' bodies.

"But why? You are gonna find your mate, " Azura said excitedly and got even closer to me.

Pity she didn't know finding my mate was exactly what I'm afraid of.

I sighed and turned towards her.

It was sad that I was going to leave her behind as well.

She was like a sister to me. My first ever friend. I remembered when a little girl came running up to me asking if I wanted to play with her.

Back then, none of the boys played with me because I didn't look up their liking.

Azura was a force to be reckoned with. I swear she was so smart and brave. I tried my best to be like her.

Us being omegas was like having a target on our backs, but Azura did not take bullshit and learned how to fight to protect herself.

She was honestly my inspiration.

I had to leave her behind. The flashes didn't show her, so I didn't know what was to come of her.

"When the time comes, I'll let you know how I feel," I said, and her big doe eyes got wider.

"You promise?"

"Mhmm," I hummed.

"Make sure, now I have to go see you later, zuki," she said as she got up with her trey and walked towards the exit.

A loud bang had me snapping my neck towards my left. There, the Alpha of my pack had a guys head between his palm and the table top. The guy was obviously struggling as the alpha pushed his head further into the table, bending down slightly to whisper to the guy.