TWELVE

Mylo●
TW maybe..[domestic abuse]

❝I miss the old you. The one that cared about me.❞

The feeling when you finally take the last breath when drowning, after suffering the pain of your lungs burning and feeling they will explode at any moment. Then it all just stops.

The suffering stops, the pain, the heartache. Everything just gone.

Drowning was one of my biggest fears, the thought of being in the middle of an ocean, in waters you have no control over, filled with countless dangerous creatures.

Who's to say one won't be your downfall?

You are just a prey in this life, a life filled with predators.

As I sat crouched down in the cold corner of my room, I couldn't help but sniffle. The banging on the door didn't stop, I don't think I will.

Was everyone suffering like I was?

"Mylo!"

I clutched my head between both palms over my ears. The hot tears streamed down my face as the banging continued.

I should open the door, I know I should, but I knew what I was going to face on the other side.

I was defenceless in here,at any moment, he could break my door in.

"Mylo I'm not playing with you. Open the door!" He shouted from the other side. I curled into a ball when I heard the sound of board breaking.

I knew what was coming, pain.

The sound of the door banging against the wall filled the room for a brief second.

I was ripped from my corner and tossed unto the small cold bed. I looked up at the man in front of me, hoping that tonight he would take pity on me.

It was unlikely, but somehow, I prayed he would.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head slightly. "You never learn, do you?" His voice was laced with sarcasm.

"Money." He demanded.

I could tell him I hadn't been paid yet, but that would end with me getting a few new bruises to go along with the ones I had now. I could tell him I spent it all on something for him, or I could just give him the money.

The last one was the safest option, so I went with that. I shuffled over to the only other thing in the room, a little chest that I kept the little that I had.

Everything I owned, he either sold or threw away saying they were too tacky and I did not need it.

Once I retrieved the money, I gave it to him, and he counted it. While he flipped every bill, I watched his face.

If he wasn't pleased, he would probably hit me and tell me to do better. If it was enough for whatever he took the money to do, he would just leave me for the night.

I never counted the money I made, I always piled it up or just gave it to him straight away.

I sighed in relief when he smirked and looked at me with a neutral facial expression. "This is okay for now." He said and walked out of the room, leaving the door wide open. I closed my eyes slowly and let the tears fall freely.