FOUR

Mizuki●

The air was tense, very tense, as everyone anticipated the next move.

More specifically, Azura's next move.

My heart was doing overtime right now.
It was not that I didn't trust Azura, but right now, I didn't know what she could do.

That look, the look of an angry omega. She looked back at Clareese, growling down at her with the dagger still at her throat.

I could hear Kalex's calm breathing as he watched both omegas on the field. The sword he was holding was drawing blood.

I hissed as the sharp object pierced my skin even deeper. Azura must've heard this as she snapped her head in our direction.

"So what's it gonna be?" Kalex asked her.

I looked at her, and I could tell she was having an internal conflict with herself.

Clareese bullied us none stop when we were in the 7th grade. She tortured and told plenty of lies on us, which left us with a bad name although high school.

Slowly, Azura lifted the dagger and got off of Clareese.

"Release him," she said as she stood in her full height, staring up at us.

"That wasn't our agreement," Kalex said. His hold on me got tighter, and he started to guide us backwards.

"No! What are you doing?" Azura shouted.

I turned my head to look up at kalex, and he smirked. My eyebrows pulled inward.

Why was he smirking?  What was he going to do?

I didn't get much time to think about none of that because he pushed me off the slope.

I hit the ground hard. As I lay on my back, I could see Kalex smirking down at me, and then he walked away.

Oh, how I hate him, I hated him with everything I had in me.

Tears were stinging my eyes as people gathered around me, some laughing and some looking somewhat concerned.

"Move! Get the fuck out of my way now"

Azura.

Her head was first visible to me when she peeked over the slope and within seconds she was by my side helping me up.

A sharp pain shot through me as I tried to stand, causing me to hunch over.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need to go to the pack doctor?" She asked, and I looked over to her, and the look on her face told a thousand words.

This was my best friend, the only friend I had I was supposed to leave her?

I shook my head, telling her no, I was fine.

We walked all the way around the slope, and she walked with me to my house.

On the way, she would check and see if I was still okay, to which I would tell her I am.

Maybe I should tell her the truth. Tell her what was happening right now to me, and maybe I could get a next opinion.

After covering the distance back to my house, Azura unlocked the door, and we walked inside.

Judging by the silence we walked into,

No one was home.

Mom was usually helping the pups at the daycare, and dad had to train young betas.

Azura walked to the kitchen, grabbed a cup and filled it with water and brought it to me.

"Here, drink this." she pushed the cup towards me, and I instantly pushed it back.