TWENTY TWO

Mizuki●

I can thankfully say that my heat was over and only lasted 4 days. I was up and ready to take on the world right now. I am not even joking, I had so much energy.

When I woke up, I took a shower and properly groomed my hair. I even tried a new hairstyle, which did not come out good, but I tried.

I decided that I would go out and spend the day with my kingdom and really get to know the people. Maybe even fix some of their problems.

Mylo even agreed to come with me and two other guards.

I got dressed and headed to Mylo’s side of the palace to fetch him and head out.

It was only afternoon now, so he must be awake.

I knocked on his door but got no response, I tried again, and it was the same thing.

Instead of knocking a third time, I twisted his door knob and let myself in the room.
Once I was in the room, I first analyzed the room. It was plain and boring. I can't believe this was what he was staying in.

Sure, it was big and spacious, but it didn’t scream  him. It didn’t have his very essence. It was just bland and boring. I traced my eyes across the room and stopped when I saw a lump underneath the sheet and a pile of messy black hair sticking out.

I quietly walked up to the bed, making sure to make as little noise as possible. When I was close enough, I jumped on the bed and wrapped my arms and legs around him.

He groaned and tried to shake me off of him, but I refused to let go.

“Zuk it is too early–”

“ —It is 12 in the afternoon” I stated, and he groaned even louder.

“Get up and take a shower, meet me downstairs.” I said as I unwrapped my limbs from around him and left his room.

I walked down the long and tiring staircase, and as soon as I made it to the bottom, I spotted one of the guards that would be accompanying me today. He was a sweet man, probably in his 40s named Roger. He was actually one of the two human guards in the palace.

Roger approached me and bowed his head, “Your Majesty.” he greeted.

“Hey, how are you?” I asked him,
“I am wonderful, Your Highness. How are you doing?”

I perked up at his question and answered immediately, telling him of all the fun plans I had planned out for today. His face would falter at some of the things I told him, but overall, he kept a cool composure.

After half an hour, Mylo finally decided to bless us with his presence.

He lazily strutted down the stairs and came to stand by my side, The other guard George also came to stand with us.

I clapped my hands together to grab their attention, and when I was certain that I had it, I started to tell them all the plans.

“Today we’ll be going around and collecting a list of things that are needed in the village and hopefully see how best we can fulfil those needs.” I explained, and George and Roger nodded at the same time.

Mylo, however, was the first to groan, I looked over at him and took in his appearance. He had bags under his eyes, an indication that he hadn’t slept in probably a few hours or days. He was always a prim and proper person, but today, he was dressed in a huge shirt that swallowed him and big sweatpants that covered his sandals. It was safe to say that he did not look well at all.

“Mylo, are you sure you want to go with us today? You can just stay and—”

“ –I’m coming.” he weakly said and started to walk towards the door.