SEVENTEEN

Zephyr●

There is this saying “work smarter, not harder.”

I knew how to work smart, while others relied on others to do their dirty work for them. I did it myself, I worked step by step carefully, crafting a perfect plan that will not only benefit me now but in the future also.

That is how you work smart. I didn’t just get up and create Oridian just how the other creators didn’t create their world right off the bat.

Morana was a problem, a newly found problem but a problem nonetheless.

I could have gotten Rhys to handle the situation, but he was unstable and unpredictable. I couldn’t deal with the extra mess to clean up, so doing it myself was the better option.

I’ve known Morana for a very long time, I knew she was stupid but not this stupid, and for a beautiful woman, this wasn’t a good look for her at all.

“Where is she?” I asked Oz.

“In Thanatos, sir.”

That’s not very smart, unless she wants me to go there so she could set a trap. Trap or not, I was going to go. I had the upper hand; she was already dead to me.

I turned to Oz, and he was already giving me a look that said don’t do anything stupid." Oz was one of the first persons to step foot on Oridian. Though he was a mere human, I still treated him with nothing but respect.

“Watch Mizuki for me, I'll be back.”

“Your majes–”

“I will be back, Oz.” I said firmly, and he gave me a firm nod.

Since Mizuki came back, my powers were slowly returning. Teleporting was my strongest area right now, and ironically, that was all I needed to get to thanatos.

Thanatos was the land of the dead, Morana was a weird person; she preferred the dead over the living, so she created a world where she ruled over people who lost their lives. The moon goddess proclaimed that after someone of a supernatural bloodline died, they would go to the land of the dead.

I’ve only ever been here once. After Koa died, I searched every inch of that world to find him, but he wasn’t here.

I teleported to the outside of Morana’s throne room, and soft humming was the first thing I heard.

If you go down in the woods today you’re sure of a big surprise, if you go down in the woods today you better go in disguise, for every bear that ever there was, will gather there for certain because, today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic.”

I looked down the hallway, and it was clear that Morana was all talk. She had the power of using earthly things like plants and rocks to defend her, so she thought she could handle things by herself.

The only guards she kept were at the entrance of the castle, hence why I chose to teleport here. I took long strides down the hallway in search of her room.

I needed something before I confronted her something of great valuable to her, something that could make her comply, and I knew exactly what that was.

I saw a small jewellery box on her dresser and marched my way over there to search it. There were earrings, rings, and necklaces but not what I was looking for. I ran my hands on the dresser, and still nothing.

I searched the rest of the room and came up empty handed still. I walked over to her bed, and there it was. A small gold bracelet with an emerald stone in the very middle. I took up the bracelet and walked out of her room and back to the throne room.