SIXTEEN

Mizuki●

❝Accept that things end.❞

I watched as Lara hung her head low over  Mylo. He was still unresponsive. Lara said all the external damages from the fire were long gone since he was able to heal himself, but he was traumatized, and it all depended on whether he wanted to wake up or not.

I know he would. I did not know the wolf that brought him in, but I could tell he was someone of importance. Speaking of the wolf, he woke up the next morning, and Zephyr talked with him, and he locked himself away for a while.

I sighed and got up from the chair I was sitting on and walked out of the room, leaving Lara and Mylo. I wanted to know who did this to Mylo. Who would set fire to his house trying to kill him.

“If I hadn’t followed him, he could've died.” I heard someone say as I walked down the hallway.

“But he didn’t Rhys.”

I stopped at the door to eavesdrop on their conversation.

“If that’s what you want to call it. I knew my life wasn’t going to be some fairytale like yours.” The man, Rhys, spat out.

Zephyr growled lowly. “You know that is not the case with us. Koa was your brother, you know the full story, Rhys.”

“That does not make him my brother now.” Rhys said in a matter of factly tone.

Were they talking about me or Mylo?

You, you idiot they said Koa and you are the only one that looks like him. Cass said.

Right.

The door opened, and I took a step back and started to walk forward as if that was what I was doing from the beginning. Rhys walked out first with a frown on his face. He glared down at me when he was passing, and I followed him with my eyes until he was out of sight.

What was that for?

Zephyr was the next one to exit the room, and he paused when he saw me. Instead of looking guilty, he was neutral.

“Hey.” I said to him and over to where he was.

I looked down at him and then backed up. “Where are you coming from dressed like you just committed a murder?” He was dressed in a white shirt, a black suit vest over it, black pants that were tailored to fit him perfectly and to top it all off black leather gloves.

He noticed my eyes on the gloves and slid them off one by one. That was when I noticed the long tattoo that snaked its way around his arm and up his shirt. When did he get that? And how have I never noticed it?

“You like it?”

I looked up at him to see the devious smirk that he was wearing on his sickeningly handsome face.

“Do I like it when you look like a well trained assassin?”

Little bit.

He hummed and stepped closer to me. I took a step back, and we continued that movement until he had me caged between him and the hard wall. He looked down at me, and I looked around him. All the guards were minding their own business. Well, they looked that way to me.

I turned my attention to Zephyr, and his dull red eyes glowed a bright ruby red colour. He dipped his head down to my neck, and my body buzzed with excitement. 

His wolf was out and present, I knew nothing about his wolf, nor have I ever heard him say anything. Other than using his powers to teleport us to the lake I’ve never seen him do anything else.