TWO

Mizuki

So, my plan was to get an alpha to kill me. Which was absolute genius.

But how would I even do that?

I sighed for the millionth time, and Azura looked over at me.

"Okay, what's wrong? this is like the fifth time you've done that, " she asked and sat up from her lying position.

"What do you mean?"I pretended to be oblivious.

I could tell her about the vision,but I didn't want to worry her, and she probably wouldn't even believe me.

"You're thinking about something. Tell me what," she pressed.

I sighed again.

"Look I-"I was interrupted by a group of girls chattering not too from us.

Suddenly, they got even louder, and what they were saying sounded interesting, too.

"Did you hear? The king is dead."

What?

I looked over at Azura, and her eyes were comically wide.

"Lies, where did you hear that?" One girl asked.

I would love to know that, too.

"Clareese has been talking about it nonstop."

"So, who is going to be king now?"

I wanted to know that, too.

"Kalex, you idiot he's already 18"

True. That made sense he was already the acting king since his father left, and I guess now he'll finally be the official king.

"So, what now?" One girl asked.

"They said the ceremony will be held later on tonight for Kalex, so all omegas are to head to the kitchen."

This girl knew everything. She was like the packs very own gossip girl.

"Hey! You two! We need to go to the kitchen now." Gossip Girl said to us.

Azura point to me then herself "us?"

Gossip girl nodded, and they all walked off.

I turned to look at Azura, and she grabbed my shoulders, pulling me to her slightly,

" The king died. How?"

Why is she asking me?

"I don't know, why don't you go ask Gianna she's the one with all the news." I said and uncrossed my legs.

"Let's go before we get in any trouble," I said and got up.

Azura made no effort to move, so l looked down at her, and she placed both hands behind her head and closed her eyes.

"Nah, I think I'll just take a nap. You can go ahead if you want too though. They are  not  paying me for my labour therefore I'll stay here."

That made me laugh.

"We have to though it's kind of our duty to serve the king,"I said, and she opened one eye to look at me.

"I don't believe in that king foolishness, and you know it. I worship the moon goddess and her alone so you can go."

she closed her eyes once more, and l sighed.

"Alright, I'll see you later."

"Mhmm."

I didn't really expect to get something to do in the kitchen, but l always hoped that one day they would see me fit to at least cover a pot.

Ridiculous, I know.