TWENTY THREE

Mizuki●

"Your bedroom is nice, very well decorated." Rhea praised as she walked around the room, touching everything she saw.

She's been here for three hours and twenty-one minutes and ten seconds....

Eleven..

Twelve...

"Thanks. I hand-picked everything in here.." I said, and just as she was about to touch my necklace that I received from Azura, I grabbed it. She looked at me and smiled, which I returned.

She was nice, but for some reason, I didn't trust her.

"You're the one that invited her to come here."

I know, and that was a huge mistake, but I can't just ask her to leave. That would be rude.

Right?

"No, it wouldn't. This is your palace, so you call the shots around here." Cassius stated, and I groaned inwardly.

"Mizuki, I know you do not trust me, but you have nothing to fear, I was a good friend of koa. I know you two are different people, but I hope we can form some sort of friendship. I am not the threat in your story." she smiled at me, her big eyes filled with sincerity.

"I don't trust you for good reasons, you were there when she tried to kill me and you stood by her side-"I stepped closer to her " -You have done nothing for me to trust you."

She nodded slowly, then swiftly pulled me into a tight hug, "Take this as my insurance then, your mate is keeping something from you." I pulled away and looked her in the eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I demanded.

"He's keeping things from you, and I am not saying he isn't sincere, but he knows what will happen, and instead of telling you he's keeping you in the dark." Rhea extended her hand and opened her folded fist to reveal a small bracelet with a green gem.

"For centuries, us creators have owned a gem, our amplifiers. Your necklace, Kian's staff, my necklace, and Morana bracelet." she held my hand out to her and placed the bracelet inside.

" Zephyr has taken this bracelet to ensure that Morana cooperates with him -" with a heavy sigh, she reached behind her neck and unclasped her necklace, and held it up between us

" -This is my insurance, my form of loyalty to you. When the time comes, you will repay me for my loyalty, and until then, I shall leave this with you." she placed the silver necklace with grey stones in my hand and forced my hand shut.

I don't know what to say.

"How did you get Morana's bracelet if Zephyr had it?"

Wow, you found something to say bravo.

"My brother is smart. I'll give him that, but I am smarter, I know where to place my loyalties. I swiped it when we hugged. He just walked around with it in his pocket." she said and made her way over to my bed.

"Your bed is so soft." she mumbles as she drops down on the mattress, and it bounces under her weight.

I was still sceptical about her, but she did give me her necklace, I looked down at my hands and squeezed the gems tightly.

"I'll be back," I said to Rhea and left the room.

I marched down the hallway in search of Zephyr. I had questions that needed to be answered.

When I got to his room door, I didn't bother to knock, I just pushed the door and walked in unannounced.

The room was empty, but the sound of the shower going told me he was in the bathroom. Walking over to the bathroom door, I pressed my shoulder against the door frame and crossed my arms.