TWENTY SIX

Mizuki●

“We should have a masquerade ball.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

Zephyr exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Why would we do that?”

“Because it's strange how we are supposedly the Kings of this fine land and we don't do anything.” I said as I poured the flour in the bowl.

“We don't do anything because we are the Kings.” He said, and I paused to look at him.

“That makes no sense. Where are our responsibilities and people we need to know, rule and guide?”

“They are still here, but they can guide themselves.” He said as he dropped the other ingredients on the countertop.

“I don't think that's how it works. We need to keep this ball and invite everyone as a way of getting closer to our kingdom.” I said with much excitement.

“If you want to, go ahead. I won't partake in that, though. Now hand me that thing.”

Looking beside me, then back at him, I asked, “What thing?”

He was still very much preoccupied with his task; he did not bother to look at me when he replied.

“That thing over there.” He said and pointed at the wire whisk.

“What's that thing called?” He looked up from his task for a brief moment, then shrugged.

“You don't know the name?” I gasped.

“No, why should I?”

Not wanting to answer him, I placed the whisk beside his bowl and went back to mine.

Because I wanted us to bond more, I forced him to bake with me. Neither of us had any idea what we were doing, but we were doing it together.

I wanted to bake cupcakes, and he wanted to make me a pineapple cake, which I knew nothing about other than how it tastes, so he was on his own.

I really had no clue how to bake, so I read the instructions that were specially provided to me by Lara.

I tried my best to follow each and every direction, but truth be told, I think I messed up like 5 steps ago.

I'm not going to tell Zephyr that, though.

He was so clean and precise with what he was doing. His side of the counter was clean and tidy while mine was all over the place.

Flour was probably in my hair and on my face by now.

I should've known he could cook, what can't he do.

“Time for these to go into the oven.” I said as I picked up my tray and walked over to the oven.

Opening it, I placed the tray inside, and Zephyr placed his on the other side.

“So the ball-” I said after I closed the oven door and turned to face him.

“I'll get Oz to assist you, but you should really consider getting someone new to assist you daily because Mylo is on his honeymoon.”

I laughed and passed him, going to the counter.

“Honeymoon? I'll consider it but I need to speak with him first.” I said and leaned against the counter.

Zephyr walked over to me and leaned down to my height.

“You do that.” He pressed his lips against mine, and I smiled before kissing him back.