THIRTY ONE

Mizuki●

“Are you okay?”

Holding my thumb up, I showed my mate telling him I was alright.

I had a piece of my pineapple cake, and it was bad, so bad I threw up. If this pregnancy makes me unable to eat my favourite dessert, I am getting rid of this child.

Pineapple over everything.

Sitting down on my knees, I took a deep breath before getting up and walking over to the sink, washing out my mouth.

“It is the day, right?” I asked, turning the tap off and facing him.

He nodded, and I smiled softly. “I'll be okay. They'll do a check, and I'll be back before you know it.”

“I'm not going to let her take you. Are you mad? Rhys will be babysitting you while I go and deal with something.”

My jaw dropped as I watched him exit the bathroom.

“What do you mean he'll be babysitting me?” I asked, rushing out of the bathroom.

“Exactly what I said.” He said.

“I do not need a babysitter.”

“That's exactly what people who need a babysitter would say.”

“I beg to differ.” I gasped.

“You may not.” He dismissed, and my jaw dropped again as I looked at him in shock. He can't be serious.

“You can not be serious. You could've gotten anyone else or no one for that matter. I'm old enough to take care of myself.” I voiced.

“You are, but Rhys is just an extra security for you, and your friend will be there too.”

“Wait wait-” I waved my hands frantically to stop him. “-Rhys and Mylo, they are in some kind of fight right now, and you want them both to watch me? Seriously?” I asked and looked at him with wide eyes.

“Yes, Rhys is strong enough to defend you, and if anything were to happen to you, Mylo can heal you, win-win situation.” He said as if it was the best plan in the entire world.

“Win-Win? there are guards here for that sole purpose.”

“They are unreliable. Now stop talking and get ready.”

For the third time, my jaw dropped.

Not bothering to reply to him again, I stomped  back to the bathroom to get ready.

Once I was done, I walked back into the room where he was patiently waiting for me.

“Done.”

Looking up at me from where he was seated on my bed, he extended his hand, and I took it.

He brought us to the outside of a large grey building. There was a sign and a large man holding a clipboard. I guess this was the famous club I've never had the pleasure of visiting.

Zephyr tugged my hand and pulled me forward to walk alongside him. When we neared the big man, he looked at us briefly before pulling one side of the double door. I stepped in first, and then Zephyr followed.

The faint scent of cleaning supplies flowed through the hallway as we walked, and it kept getting stronger and stronger.

When we came to a clearing, a large space was slightly empty, with two women mopping the floor. I stopped and scanned the room.

Amongst them, Rhys stood talking to a man with his back turned to us.

“Zuki!”

I turned at the sound of my name, and a smile broke out on my face at the sight of my best friend coming towards me.