THIRTY THREE

Eros●

Flashback

“I think he likes you.” My friend nudged me on the shoulder, looking over to the side. I followed his gaze to see who he was referring to, and my eyes landed on a small male omega surrounded by women.

He looked at me, and once we made eye contact, he looked away, and the women started to giggle.

“Why wouldn't he?” I asked Cyro, and he rolled his eyes.

“You're too cocky for your own good. Let's go.” He laughed and tugged me along with him.

My eyes went back to the omega who smiled at me softly, but I didn't return it. Instead, I looked away and kept walking. When I was some distance away, I looked back at him. His eyes were now down as he pouted. He looked disappointed.

I felt bad, but I couldn't lead him on or show any sign that I was interested in him.

“What are we even doing here?” I asked Cyro as we stood at the edge of a cliff staring off into the distance.

“ Patrolling.” He replied.

“There hasn't been anything of danger in years, so why would we patroll?”

“Because there might be danger today.”

“I doubt that. Elarian will know as soon as someone steps foot in the kingdom.” I said.

Cyro took a loud dramatic breath in and nodded. “You're right.”

“Of course I am.” I said, leaving him standing at the edge by himself.

The kingdom was far too boring for my liking. There was nothing to do but live, live peacefully without interruption. I think good and evil balances each other out, and without one, you'll just fall into a routine.

That's what was happening now, Elarian prided herself on creating a world where no one will be miserable or unhappy. All the bad stayed on earth, and the good stayed here.

I, however, was miserable. I was tired of just doing the same things every day. It was as if nothing fun happened around this place, and it pissed me off.

I walked back through the valley, taking in the scenery around me, and the pretty omega from before kept popping up in my mind. I've been seeing him around quite a lot lately.  He looked young, probably 17 too young for me, so it was of no use to even think about him.

Eros! Did you hear? We're having visitors.” My little sister, Erian, practically screamed as she ran up to me.

Erian was still a little pup but loved to leave home by herself to the valley where she could pick flowers.

“Visitors?” I asked, and she nodded her head, bobbing up and down.

“Yes, the Queen's son found his mate, and she wants us to meet them.” she said enthusiastically.

I blinked at her. I had no idea Elarian had a son, but he must've been 18 or above for him to have found his mate.

“Ohh.” Was all I managed to say, and Erian clung to my arm.

“Can you believe it? She had a son, and he was under our nose this entire time, and we still didn't know.”

“Right-Why are you out here?” I asked even though I already knew the answer.

“I can't believe Elarian was with a man.” Erian said, ignoring my previous question. I stopped and looked down at her.

“What's that supposed to mean, little girl?” She looked up at me sheepishly.