FIFTEEN

Mylo●

For some, a prologue.
For some, an epilogue.

I firmly believed that in life, you could only feel one of two emotions. You are either happy or sad. When I'm with Mizuki, I am truly happy. I wish I could stay around him forever and forget my problems at home, but sadly, I can't. The palace was his home, and no matter how crappy this house was, it was my home.

Ezra was still at the end of the day the man I mated with, I couldn't get up and leave him even if I wanted to. So, with all of that, I still took my weekly beatings and unspeakable words that were thrown at me.

I had no clue if Ezra had magically found his mate or not. He knew I hadn't found mine, though. There was a one in a million chance that I would find them on oridian, but it was still a chance.

When I was younger, my mother would tell me that I was destined for great things, I was the first ever healer in our family. Therefore, they told me I was special. Lara was the only other healer I knew in oridian. She used to teach me a few basic things, but since the entire fiasco of Mizuki being the king's mate, she was acting a bit off.

I paid her no mind, I felt she was just being selfish.

When I got home, no one was here, which wasn't strange, but I still felt somewhat uneasy.

There was a nightclub close by where people would usually spend their money on dancers and get to bed whoever they wanted.

Just like on earth, people struggle to make ends meet here, and there are very few things you could do to make it by here. I was lucky when I got the job at the palace. Some omegas unfortunately still thought that they were just items that should only be used to please alphas and betas, so they did that.

By midnight, Ezra still wasn't home, and it had me worried. I know loving a man who put his hands on me is wrong, but still he's the man I was mated to.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record now.

I should probably go out and look for him. I know he's fine, so why am I doing this?

Maybe because it was the right thing to do?

I got up and grabbed an oversized coat, and went through the door in search of my mate. Thankfully, walking on oridian wasn't as dangerous as on earth, where you had to watch your back 24/7.

I checked a few places, and there was still no sight of him. If I didn't know better, I would think something happened to him. I was avoiding somewhere. The club is a place I would never go willingly or even if someone paid me.

I wanted to know if he was okay, though, so with everything in me, I gathered enough courage and walked to the club. When a neon sign came into view, I stopped and looked at the long line of people in front of the place waiting to get in.

I sighed and walked up to one of the very buff men at the entrance. He looked at me for a second and returned his attention to the people in line.

I cleared my throat and spoke, "uhm can you help me? I am looking for my mate, I figured he was here and came to check." I said as calmly as possible to the man.

By his scent, I was pretty sure he was a beta, nothing too much. The beta looked down at me and raised his brow. "If your mate is here, you should leave him." he casually said and turned his head once again.

Even a man I've never met before was telling me to leave Ezra. I should take it as a sign "C-can I go in?"

He huffed "Sure kid knock yourself out." he told me and pushed the huge metal door open for me to step in.