TWENTY

Mizuki●

"Are you sure you're alright?" I asked Mylo for the fifth time, and for the fifth time, he told me he was okay.

He didn't look okay, though. He looked to be in a daze, just spacing out, leaving the world behind.

It's been a few hours since he's been awake, and it has also been a few hours since he told me he was tired and wanted to sleep, to which I told him no.

I wasn't going to let him fall back into whatever situation he was in before, so until Lara checked on him and told me he was in the clear, he wouldn't be sleeping.

"Zuki, I-I have something to tell you," he whispered, still looking off in the distance.  I followed his gaze, but I wasn't looking at anything important, just the wall.

I pulled myself closer to his bedside and looked at him. "What is it?" I asked him.

"I met Koa-"

" -Zephyr's Koa?" I asked with my eyebrows pulled inwards. Mylo looked at me with his face scrunched up at my question.

"Why is he Zephyr's Koa?" He asked with a bit of an attitude, and I waved him off.

"Forget that, what about Koa?" Mylo hesitantly pulled his eyes away from me and continued.

"He told me to tell you-or Zephyr, he didn't specify who I should tell, but you're here first, and I'm scared of Zephyr." he said, trailing completely off topic.

"Back to Koa." I said, and his mouth formed into an O shape.

"Ahhh, right. He said what happened to him will happen to you. He is stuck between life and death he's trapped there -"

"How did you see him?" I asked, and he looked down at his hands that were clasped in front of him.

" -I was there, and I ran into him. He told me that someone wants a child for reasons unknown, but she needs that child, and you and Zephyr are the ones who will give her what she wants." He explained.

My eyes widened, and my face got embarrassingly hot. I didn't think about having children with Zephyr. I wasn't good with them, so that was far from my mind.

"Who is the she he was referring to?" I asked.

Mylo shrugged.

"Uhm, you remember the night I came here,t-the wolf that brought me -" he stuttered while he was still looking at his fingers, and now he was nibbling on his bottom lip.

I smiled teasingly, and he gave me a quick look and then looked elsewhere in the room.

"Oh, you wanna know about Rhys?" I teased him.

His deer-like eyes looked at me, "Rhys?" He tested the name, and I nodded.

"Yes, about that, we don't know where he is. He left after he woke up, and Zephyr hadn't seen him since." I explained the situation to Mylo, and his once hopeful eyes turned into sad ones and his shoulders deflated.

It hurts to see him sad. He deserved to be happy, and I didn't think after everything he needed to be this sad again.

"Oh," he said quietly.

I sighed and got up from where I was seated,I decided that I should give him some space. If he wanted to sleep, I should let him.

"Get some sleep, I will ask Zephyr again about Rhys, and as soon as I hear anything, I will tell you first." I reassured him.

He gave me a small smile as I walked towards the door.

When I got out of the room, I walked down the hallway and towards the throne room.