THREE

Mizuki●

Nervousness was a common feeling for me. I was always feeling like I was surrounded and suffocating.

This was how I felt growing up, like someone was holding one of those bright lights you'd see in those classic detective moives, in my face, asking me questions.

A bile formed in my throat as I tried my best to focus on my dad's words and his piercing gaze.

Both of my parents were sitting across from me, Dad with a serious look on his face, and mom, being the more kind natured one, had an encouraging look.

I feel like I should be telling them the truth. It was as if the truth was burning me to come out.

But how would they take it?

"Start talking, Mizuki." My dad's dominating voice said in a demanding tone.

I hung my head low and took a deep breath.

I should just tell them the truth.

"W-well, uhm, I lost track of time when I was in the pond. I've been losing track of time recently, and I-I don't know." I tried my best to explain, but the words came out jumbled.

"What do you mean?" My mom asked in her naturally soft voice.

"I don't know, I-well I sometimes get these flashes, please don't think I'm insane but I get a few images of what'll happen in the future and recently everytime I close my eyes it's all I can see and I seemingly spend hours in my head."

I looked up at my parents, searching for their reactions but nothing. Their faces were not what I expected. My mom had a pale look, and dad just seemed upset.

"Ma, guys, did you hear what I said?" I asked.

My mom was the first to look at me. Concern was evident on her face as she stared at me with teary eyes.

There was no reason for her to cry unless - "Wait, why do you guys not seem surprised?"

Ma looked off to the side, and I followed her gaze before turning back to my dad, and he sighed.

"Mizuki, what were these visions about?"

So they believed me?

"My birthday, I was running through the woods someone was chasing me." I said, and he nodded.

"What- do you guys know something about this?" I asked as my anxiety skyrocketed.

If they knew something, why didn't they say anything.

"Well, it's really a long story. I think we should save that for tomorrow. " dad said and ran his hands through his hair.

What? No.

"N-no! You guys knew and told me nothing? I have a right to know, " I said as firmly as I could.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see my mother nodding and turning to her mate.

"I think it's time." She softly says to him.

Is this the part where they tell me I am some sort of demi-god? Like percy Jackson?

You wish.

"Time for what?" I asked.

"Mizuki, I don't know what those visions were about, but I could tell that you left out a part."

She paused and looked at me. She grabbed both of my hands and sat in front of me on her knees.

"You're going to listen to me, okay?" I could sense the desperation in her voice, so I nodded.