THIRTY SIX

Mylo●

"Do you think we should move?" I asked out of the blue.

I rolled over the edge of the bed to look at Rhys, who was lying on the floor with his feet on the bed. He removed his hands from his eyes and looked at it for a brief moment, then closed his eyes once again.

"Why would we move?" he asked.

"I don't know. Do you think this is a good place to raise a pup?" I asked, and he didn't move for a while till he opened both eyes and looked at me with wide eyes.

I smiled sheepishly, and he pulled the pillow out from underneath his head, aiming it at me, but I moved away in time, so it landed on the other side of the bed.

"I'm just saying." I laughed, and he resumed his original position.

We had our little moments like these that I hoped meant as much to him as it did to me. Us lounging around the house, nothing to do so we would talk and keep each other's company.

I would talk and keep his company.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked, getting off the bed and sitting beside him.

"I don't know."

"Well, let's make a plan."

"I don't want to." He said defiantly.

"Do you want to visit Mizuki?" I asked, and he looked at me then shook his head.

"You know you need to talk to him, I know you miss your brother, but maybe you could at least be friends with him. He could never replace Koa, but you could still talk to him." I said, and he still shook his head.

"I don't want to talk to him unless I have to."

"All I'm hearing is I don't want to do this, and I don't want to do that. Let's go to the club. Maybe something eventful is going on there." I said enthusiastically and got up, brushing my clothes off. He made no effort to move, so I grabbed both of his wrists and attempted to pull him up.

I think he weighed more than a whale.

"I don't want to go." He whined stubbornly.

"Well, I want to, and you are the only one that can take me there, so come on." I said as I pulled him.

He groaned loudly, flipping my hands so now he was the one holding onto my wrist.

"I haven't been there in forever." He sighed and brought us to the club.

Because today was not one of the busy days, I didn't expect to see a lot of people, but there were quite a few. Nothing too extra was happening, but still, people were here throwing money away on liquor and dancers.

"Hey, do people have sex here?" I asked Rhys, who looked down at me.

"Yeah, that's why the rooms are there for them to enjoy the pleasure they so need." He said I hummed.

"Have you ever?"

"No." He said, and I nodded even though I didn't believe him. He had told me that he hadn't been all the way with a male before, but still, females existed, and I couldn't blame him if he wanted to have it.

"Okay." I said, and he immediately walked away, leaving me all by myself.

I walked around the club, taking in the sight of the sweaty dancers who danced around the poles.

I don't even remember why I wanted to come here, I should be with Mizuki right now. However, I needed to give him some space though, I couldn't depend on him everyday when he has his own life to live with a mate and pups on the way and not to mention an entire kingdom to run. I had to learn to live on my own.