SEVEN

Muzuki●

I gasped and immediately sat up from my bed. I reached over to the side of my bed, grabbing the glass of water.

After downing the liquid, I pushed my fingers through my hair, slightly pulling the strands.

Every single morning, I was rudely awoken by that nightmare.

The memory of me being stabbed and falling in the pond.

It's been a few months almost a year since I've woken up in Oridian, and still the thought of my mate doing those horrible things to me clouded my mind.

I stumbled out of the bed since I had to help Lara in the kitchen today.
I would be forever grateful for Lara and her daughter, Elara.

If they hadn't taken pity on me, I would probably end up on the wrong side of the kingdom.

I took a shower and got dressed.

After locking up the house, I shifted and ran towards the castle.

My wolf still didn't talk to me but I guess that's because of what happened.

Lara worked in the castle's kitchen. She was the head cook there. She offered to get me the job there and I took it because I didn't have money and I didn't want her to spend on me and not repay her.

After every paycheck, I would simply hand it to Lara, which she sometimes refuses and tells me to buy something pretty.

Once I made it to the castle, the guards did their usual search,  and when I was cleared,  I raced towards the kitchen.

When I was in the hallway, I shifted and used my hands to fix my hair.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm late," I said as I barged into the kitchen, grabbed an apron, and walked over to the sink.

My job was simple yet so hard. I was on dishes. 

Not a few dishes after everyone in the castle ate I was the one who had to wash them all.

"That's okay," my new and only friend Mylo said and walked up to me.

I met Mylo when I first started working here. He was also an omega, so he was easy to get along with.

Mylo was pretty. His face was oddly symmetrical, and he had eye brown eyes that were always a little sad. He even had a very cute nose and a beautiful set of dimples when he genuinely smiled.

Mylo was so sweet, and I was shocked when I learned he was older than me and even married.

He was the same height as me.

Unfortunately for him, he got the duty of setting the table for the king.

He always seemed scared before he had to leave to do his job, which I never really understood.

I've heard stories of the king, but I've never actually seen him since I was always in the kitchen.

What I heard was that he was a very dangerous man and it was best to stay out of his sight.

I decided not to be curious and snoop around in the man's home and just did my job and went home.

"So it's that time of the day, huh?" I turned to look at Mylo. His eyes widened when he realised what I was referring to.

It was 9:00am breakfast time.

Mylo had to set the table. Panick overtook his facial features, and he started to sweat.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, turning him to me.

"You got this! I tell you this every day and every day you come back in one piece." I nodded, and he did the same.