FIVE

Mizuki ●

I slowly opened my eyes and immediately closed it when the sunlight stung my eyes.

I began to feel around for my phone, and when I found it, I checked the time.

7:35am.

Okay, today was my birthday, I was officially 18, and that meant my wolf would start talking to me now.

I was beyond excited. Having your wolf speaking to you was a big thing in the supernatural world.

No one told me exactly how, but I knew that wolves began communicating when the carer reached 18.

With a groan, I got up from the bed and stretched my aching muscles.

The sleep was good, I've never slept that good like ever.

I even drooled.

I walked to the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My white curly hair was all over the place. I tried my best to arrange them in a somewhat okay manner and failed miserably. Eventually, I gave up.

My eyes were a little bit more blue than usual. The freckles that scattered across the bridge of my nose looked weird because of how red my face was right now.

I reached down for my toothbrush, wetting the brush, then adding toothpaste and wetting it again.

It's a process.

While brushing my teeth, I took in all of the blue items I could see.

And there were a lot. Even the toothpaste was blue, I can't use a toothpaste unless it's blue or had some form of color in it.

Once I was finished, I rinsed my mouth and the toothbrush, too, then washed my face.

I walked out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me, and lazily walked down the stairs.

The house was quiet, so I guess no one was home.

As I walked into the kitchen, I first spotted a cake and a note.

"Happy birthday Zuki, so sorry we had to leave before you were up. We'll be back sooner than normal. Go visit Azura and enjoy your day, hunny. "
      -love always mom and dad

I smiled and placed the note down. Walking over to the cupboard, I took out a fork and walked back to the cake.

The first bite was absolute heaven. The cake literally melted in my mouth, and a moan left my lips.

It was that good.

Before I could take my third bite, there was a loud bang on the door.

I dropped my fork and walked over to the door, looking through the peephole.
After seeing that it was Azura, I opened the door, and she pushed past me.

"Why did you take so long? Were you expecting someone else? Or did you think I was someone else?"

"Yeah, I thought you might be Jehovah witness " I said and passed her as she gasped and pushed me.

We both began to laugh, and then she ruffled my hair. "Happy birthday, zuks," she said and pushed a tiny box in my hands.

I look down at the box and then at her. "You didn't have to -"

"Of course I did. I'm your my best friend. Now open it, " she said and walked over to where I left the cake, taking my fork up and digging into the cake."

I ripped the bow off the box and opened it.

Inside was a necklace with a blue stone on it. It was magnificent. The stone was almost  hypnotising, and the more I looked at it, the more it seemed like something inside was moving.