ELEVEN

Mizuki ●

I did get my pineapple cake as promised. It's been a few days, and Mylo has been keeping my company, which I was grateful for.

I've seen Lara around, but she always avoided me, and I didn't run her down.

I've been training with Zephyr every morning, and we didn't talk about what I saw or about what I did.

We just came and practised, and that was it, I went about my day, and so did he.

I was finally introduced to Oz, the famous butler/advisor. He was very nice to me and always looked at me as if he had known me for a long time.

He was kind of like a personal assistant to me now since his king ordered him to fill me in on a few pieces of information that I needed to know.

Cassius was not talkative, but he said a few things when needed.

Currently, I am sitting in the kitchen watching Mylo.

He was honestly my favourite person right now. We would talk about cake, having a mate, and sometimes Lara.

“So why are you here today?” He asked as he sorted the silverware.

“I'm hurt, it's as if u don't want me here Mylo” I clutched my chest and faked a whimper.

He rolled his eyes at me.

“You know what I mean Zuk”

Zuk, After many months here, someone was finally giving me a nickname.

I was happy that I became friends with Mylo, I've learned a lot about him too. He lived further down into the kingdom, his mate was a soldier, and they were childhood bestfriends.

Mylo didn't need to work in the kitchen. He was far too smart to be here, but he said it paid well, and he wanted to help his mate.

He even told me he wanted to have a pup and was ready to tell his mate about it.

I was so excited for him.

“Zephyr moved the training session to this evening, so I'll keep your company till then” I told him, and he nodded.

We spent the rest of the time talking about random things that came to mind until evening came.

I went back to my room and took a shower, changing into something I could move properly in.

The guards escorted me to the training room as always, and when I went inside, I was blessed with Zephyr in all his shirtless glory.

I did not want to move, so I didn't. I just stood there and watched him wrapping his knuckles.

I wanted to burn this image in my mind and let it stay for a lifetime.

“It's rude to stare,” he stated.

“Is it?”

He did not answer. Instead, he gave me a quick once over and waved me over to him. I walked over to him, and when I was close enough, I stopped.

He had told me 2 days prior that today we would be working on my physical strength.

I wondered if he noticed that I had no muscles and I couldn't hurt a fly even if I tried.

Without any warning, he swung, and completely on instinct, I fell.

Seriously?

“Seriously?” Zephyr and Cassius both grumbled at the same.

“It wasn't my fault. You didn't even give me time to prepare myself” I mumbled under my breath, but I'm sure he heard.

I got up, brushed off my clothes, and looked up at him.