TWENTY EIGHT

Mizuki●

"He is not dead.”

“He sure does look dead.”

“But he's not.”

My eyes weakly opened, and the first thing I saw was a bright light bulb over my head. I slowly blinked, trying to get used to the light.

“He's waking up.”

“What do you want me to do? I've done my part, and now it's your time to do yours.”

“Well I don't fucking know what to do.”

“Just move.”

I felt a small prick on the side of my neck and my body that was once gaining strength fell limp again.

My eyes were heavy and getting heavier by the second. When they became hard to keep open I let them close fully and I was pulled back onto a dark place once again.

When I woke up again, I heard voices, voices that were different from the ones I heard before.

I cracked an eye open, but there was no one around me. All I could see was metal. Ugly, grey metal. I groaned as I tried to sit up but was unable to.

I was strapped down on a bed.

When the reality of what was happening finally settled in, I started to fuss.

I was just with my mate. What happened?

Cassius!

I-I don't know.” He answered weakly. Did something happen in the night that I had a clue about?

No, I don't think so. My mate wouldn't have left my side. He wouldn't let anything happen to me.

“Have they done it?” a familiar voice asked from the outside of the metal room.

“Yes, but he's not pregnant ma’am.”

“He's useless for now then, send him home.”

I closed my eyes when I heard shuffling. I could hear footsteps coming towards me.

“See you soon.” A male voice said, and I felt a needle enter my neck. My eyes flew open, and my vision blurred.

I jolted awake, gasping. I had a terrible dream. I placed my hand over my racing heart, clutching the material as I tried to steady my heartbeat.

When it returned to a normal pace, I took in my surroundings. I was in my room, alone. A bile rose in the back of my throat, and I rushed off the bed to the bathroom.

Dropping to my knees, in front of the toilet, I emptied my stomach in it.

Tears came to my eyes as I continued to vomit.

When I was done, I sat on the floor with my knees to my chest, rocking myself from side to side, hoping that the horrible taste in my mouth and feeling in my stomach would go away.

The sound of the door hitting the wall and hurried footsteps coming towards me echoed in the bathroom. I looked up, and Zephyr was there staring down at the toilet, and then he looked at me.

“I- I don't know.” I croaked before he could ask me what the matter was.

He sighed and flushed the toilet full of blood down the drain, then sat down beside me.