TWENTY ONE

Mizuki●

The next day was indeed a nightmare.

I woke in tremendous pain, I was covered in sweat and other bodily fluids.

If someone had told me yesterday about today, I would've called them a liar.

I've never once heard about heats or anything like that. I've never experienced so much pain, want, and heat before. This was absolutely horrible, and no one could tell me that this was going to go away.

Lara has been inside my room explaining to me about what my body was feeling for a good 20 minutes now, but it was all sounding like gibberish to me.

"Mizuki, are you listening?" I pressed myself harder into the mattress and sighed loudly.

I wanted her to leave, and Zephyr to take her place. He wasn't even here, but my beloved mate who had his very own Omega that was borderline dying at home, surrounded by everyone but him.

Mylo was sent to the far wing of the Palace because they said my heat could trigger his. How did they know he didn't trigger mine?

Anyways.

"Mizuki, this is your first ever heat. You are going to feel so vulnerable and probably nervous when you start to experience arousal. So you need to drink a lot of fluids and rest the heat out-"

I groaned.

" -I would recommend that you stay away from the king during this period. It won't be long till you're okay again, about 3 to 7 days at best. If you were to trigger his rut, I-I please just try and keep steady for this time. It is your first, so go easy. You will not feel the full extent of the heat because of the medication, but you're still young." She said,

Stay away from Zephyr?

No can do.

"I was asked to give you a few things for your room by the king so they are by the door. I will take my leave now." She finishes and walks to the door, leaving the room completely.

I was unable to move, and she expected me to get up and go to the door.

I needed to pee very badly, so I guess I could kill two birds with one stone. I got up from my fetal position and made my way to the bathroom very slowly.

Very slowly.

I felt very lightheaded and disorientated.

Cassius was acting very strange also, he didn't try to communicate and when I tried to call out to him he just ignored me for some reason.

I was on my own in this heat.

When I finally got to the bathroom, I did my business and left.

The things Lara was referring to were clothes. Not just any Clothes though-Zephyr's clothes, to be exact.

Cassius perked up immediately and fought me for control, which I gave to him.

He didn't block me out like last time, I didn't have the strength to argue with him, so I sat back and watched as he grabbed the clothes up and walked toward the bed.

He sat on our knees in the middle of the large bed and started to form a circle.

A circle using Zephyr's clothes. When he was done and was sure everything was of top tier quality, he willingly gave me back control, and I fell limp on the bed. In the middle of my mate's scent.

It made me feel at ease, and I was able to sleep for a bit.

I woke up to my hair being stroked and my heart feeling fuzzy, Zephyr's scent was a lot stronger than before, but now it was also more masculine.