TWENTY SEVEN

Mizuki●

It took courage, dedication, and patience to do what I did. Every day for the past 4 days, I've been up by 6 am and down by 6 pm.

I was dead set on having that ball, so I've been making the necessary preparations for that event.

Oz helped me for a few days, and then he went back to his normal duties when Mylo showed up.

Speaking of Mylo, what I heard the day with his mate was not what I thought it was. According to him, they did not go all the way, but they did something.

Whatever that something was, it must've been on his mind 24/7 because he can't seem to focus.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face, "Mylo!"

He jumped, "Huh?"

Sighing, I held up two different colours before him and asked, "Which one?"

"For what?"

"My pants, Mylo, pay attention." I begged, and he exhaled dramatically.

"I'm sorry, black." I looked down at the black fabric then back at him with my eyebrows raised.

"What? You asked me to choose."

"I know." I sighed and laid down on the table, with my hand on my head. I was exhausted, 4 days of nonstop planning was tiring.

I had to make sure everyone could be here; and I meant everyone.

I even sent an invitation to Morana, who tried to kill me. I wanted everyone here, even Kian, who I knew nothing about.

Zephyr wanted no part in this, so I was on my own to do everything, along with the help in the palace.

A hand gently rubbed my back, and I looked over at Mylo, who was smiling sympathetically at me.

"You're doing a good thing." He said.

"Yeah? Then why does it feel like I'm not?"

"Just you wait, tonight is going to be the talk of the kingdom." He said enthusiastically, and I smiled.

"Sir, where would you like these?" I looked up and saw three men holding small tables.

"Uhh, over to the side, the middle should be left open for people to dance." I said, and they all nodded, then walked in the direction I told them.

"So, did you invite Rhys?" Mylo suddenly asked.

"Of course I did. He's your mate -"

"He was Koa's brother, you know."

I nodded and looked towards the man who was dusting the chandelier.

"I know, he doesn't seem to like me very much." I said.

"Yeah, but he did tell me he would be here tonight."

"For you." I said and flashed him a teasing smile.
He rolled his eyes at me, and I saw the smile he was trying to hide.

I'm glad he was doing well. He deserved it after what he's been through.

"So, how do you think tonight will be?" He asked.

"Well, I hope it'll run smoothly. I hope the people of the kingdom enjoy what I've put together for them. Everybody will be dressed formally, elegantly, and upon their arrival, they have to present their handmade invitations-"

"Handmade?"

" Yeah, I made them." I smiled proudly, and Mylo hummed.

"So, they all should be wearing masks, as you know it's a masquerade. It's just very sensual to me. People are wearing masks, and I don't know how to explain it." I rushed out, and Mylo's face dropped, which told me he understood none of what I was trying to say.