TWENTY NINE

Zephyr ●

I swear people take me for a joke. They underestimated me and took my kindness for a weakness. Give them an inch and they take a whole fucking mile. I gave her a chance to do what was right for her but she still chose to be dumb.

Maybe I was being too lenient with people, maybe they thought because I had my mate back everything was all rainbows and sunshine. I think they took me for a joke that has to be it.

Here I was thinking people still respected me because they bowed before me, but behind closed doors they probably saw me as a laughing stock.

They forgot, they forgot who I was and who I still am.

Leaning forward in the chair, I rest my hands on my knees staring down at the unconscious woman in front of me as she starts to stir awake.

She raised her head to look around the room and once she saw me her lips wobbled slightly. I took in her features, disheveled hair, torn clothes and some nasty purple bruises on her arms and legs.

She hoisted herself up, struggling as her hands were bound behind her back by metal cuffs that were connected to a long chain. She took notice of this and her head snapped to the side then back to me and her face twisted in rage.

"What is the meaning of this?" She seethed between clenched teeth.

"I should be the one asking the questions." I sighed leaning back, rocking my legs as I continued to watch her fuss against her restraints.

"I did nothing to deserve this!"

I stared at her blankly, it was truly amazing how bad people are quick to play the victim when their bad deeds are finally catching up to them. Maybe one day I'll be playing the victim too but until then.

"Where were you?"

Her eyebrows dipped and she opened her mouth to talk but I asked another question.

"Where were you when you left Oridian?" She paused, staring off into the distance. Right now she was running through all the different excuses she could give. When she found one her eyes lit up and she shuffled over to me.

"I was with Kian, he wanted me to spend a night with him and I agreed. We went back to Thanatos." she said, staring up at me with pleading eyes.

I know you were with him, you're always with him.

"Really? You're having an affair with Kian?" I asked and she nodded.

"How does your mate feel about that?"

She looked at me with eyes wide, a deep frown crossed her. She kept quiet so I spoke again.

"It is truly amazing how you all let Elarian control and use you. You know you're disposable to her and yet still you choose this life for yourself. She gave you a mate as she does all, and you locked him up at the bottom of Thanatos for what? You are weak and useless."

Her eyes snapped to mine, filled with tears as she tugged on her shackles. " You know what's funny?"

"Oh, humor me."

"You thought that getting rid of him would guarantee you a spot closer to me, you thought for a second that getting rid of koa too was the way to win me over. Your pathetic attempt has just cost your life. I hope you realize that."

She hung her head low, her shoulders bouncing up and down. Then she thrusts her head back and a sadistic smile stretches across her face.

"You know she'll send more people, you get rid of me and someone else will take my place. Someone with the same purpose."