5

"You're married?" Mirana asks and Tim nods

"You're married?" Mirana asks and Tim nods. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Did I have to?"

"I wouldn't have slept with you if I knew you were married!" Mirana exclaims.

"She up and left me just over a year ago," Tim says. "In the middle of the night, she pawned a load of her stuff. It's a really strange thing. I don't love her anymore but I feel a duty to her"

"Is it heroin?" Mirana asks and Tim nods.

"I'm sorry for not telling you," Tim says. "I should have been honest"

"So you're separated but not divorced?" Mirana asks.

"Yeah,"

"You should have told me you were married but separated," Mirana says. "But under the circumstances, I suppose it isn't that bad"

"So we can still-"

"Not for the next few days," Mirana says. "You need to process seeing her. Process losing her and you need to process that you no longer are responsible for her. Besides Ghost Head inviting me to his bed has definitely dehornified me for a week"

"I can imagine," Tim chuckles softly.

"I'll tell you what," Mirana says. "I know some of your nitty-gritty so after shift I'll tell you some of mine? So you can try and boil down why I became a police officer"

"Sounds like a deal,"

"7-Adam-15 requesting additional units to meet us at 1350 Bellview Street. Possible location of our BOLO suspect. We are en route"

"7-Adam-19, show us responding,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"7-Adam-19, be advised, we are approximately five minutes away,"

"That's the address for Selby," Tim says. "We'll set up in the alley behind in case Selby rabbits when Bishop and Nolan come calling"

As they turn into the alley, Mirana frowns, leaning forward, inspecting the man standing by the trunk of a car.

"Tim, that's him," Mirana says.

"Call it in,"

"7-Adam-19," Mirana says into the radio. "Show us code 6 on BOLO suspect. Need backup and airship"

Mirana exits the car, moving to approach but Tim stops her.

"You stay here until we clear them of that car,"

"Alright,"

"LAPD gentlemen," Tim calls over to the men. "Step away from the car and show me your hands"

"There a problem Officer?" Selby asks.

"There will be if you don't show me those hands. Now!"

Selby waits a second before he and his companion both pull weapons out of the trunk of the car and open fire. Mirana and Tim begin shooting back but a pained grunt from Tim distracts Mirana as she watches him fall to the ground.

Mirana ducks behind the door, running around the back of the car before grabbing under Tim's arms and pulling him behind the car.

"7-Adam-19," Mirana says into the radio. "Officer down. Shots fired. In the alley of Bellevue and Clinton"

"Don't worry about me! Shoot back!"

"Just accept help for once in your fucking life," Mirana mutters, moving to back behind the door as she continues firing.

She throws herself down as the glass from the window rains down on her, she winces as glass embeds itself in her hands and slices at her face when it falls.

Nolan, Bishop, Lawrence and Lucy appear, firing at Selby and his accomplice. Leaving Mirana to continue firing at Selby to keep him away from the car.

Mirana's nose wrinkles as she smells smoke and her eyes widen when she notices smoke billowing from the car engine.

The woman sprints to the back of the car, beginning to drag Tim away as he attempts to help using his legs. Mirana looks at the car which is almost fully engulfed in flames and opts to wrap her body around Tim as the car explodes.

Her ears start ringing from the sheer volume of the explosion as she notices searing hot pain in her side causing her to grit her teeth.

"You okay?" She pants, looking at Tim.

"That was stupid,"

"You're such a pendejo," Mirana grits out. "I save your life and you call me stupid"

"Show me the burn,"

"No it's fine," Mirana says. "RAs are coming, they'll check it out"

"Just let me-"

"I said I'm fine," Mirana snaps. "Just don't touch me"

"Okay," Tim nods, keeping his voice calm. "What're you hiding under there?"

"Nothing,"

"It's clearly something," Tim says as he keeps pressure on his abdomen. "That's why you won't let me see you topless"

"Now is really not the time," Mirana says.

"Well we still have the nitty gritty to talk about," Tim says.

"You'll be having surgery so I doubt it'll be today,"

"We made a deal,"

"If you are decently coherent, I may tell you," Mirana says. "But that's the best you're getting"

"Where are those RA Units?" Tim groans.

"We are Code 4, safe for RA to move in,"

"Just around the corner," Mirana says, watching as paramedics run over. "GSW to the abdomen, no exit wound"

"Make sure she gets checked out too," Tim grits out as they lift him onto a stretcher. "You know what, I don't trust her. Bring her in the ambulance with us"

"What?" Mirana gapes at him.

"Get in, Boot,"

"No, you don't call me that when it's just us," Mirana shakes her head as she gets to her feet.

"You don't look too good," Tim says as they start heading towards the ambulance.

"I don't feel too good either," Mirana murmurs.

"There's glass in her thigh!" The paramedic calls out.

"Someone catch her!" Tim calls, watching as Mirana teeters and stumbles before collapsing into the paramedic's awaiting arms.

Tim, lying on the stretcher nearby, watches with concern etched on his face. "Take care of her," he instructs the paramedics.

"Mirana, can you hear me?" The paramedic taps Mirana's face. "She's out cold"

"She has a nut allergy," Tim says, trying to sit up. "She said pretty much all nuts"

"Lie back down Officer, we need you to keep still so you don't move the bullet around anymore,"

"She's-"

"Going to be fine, now just lie down,"