24

"How do we even know-" Tim paces back and forth

"You don't think like that Timothy Bradford," Angela says, pointing her finger at the man who nods.

"You're right," Tim nods. "They're both smart. But Mirana would put herself in more danger if it meant Lucy getting out. If I had just offered to go with her-"

"We can't get into the self-blame game," Angela shakes her head.

"I can't lose her Angela," Tim shakes his head. "She's too important"

"Okay, so Nyla and John have gone to speak to that crazy bitch," Jackson says. "Sorry, I mean Rosalind"

"Good because an address just came back," Angela says. "S.W.A.T. is mobilised"

"Let's go find them and bring them home,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana stumbles forward as Caleb jabs the knife into her back once again. The woman winces at the stinging pain where the skin has split but chooses to stay silent.

"Have you accepted your fate?" Caleb asks.

"You're not God," Mirana replies. "You never will be. And Rosalind, she won't care when you die. She'll just find another moronic psychopath to brainwash and then another and then- Well, you get my point. At the end of the day, all Rosalind cares about is herself, her name being in the news. You'll only be known as the moronic discipulo"

"Get in the barrel,"

"No,"

"Get in the barrel," Caleb says, pointing a gun at her head. "You getting in that barrel means you hope that your precious Tim will find or avenge you"

"I lied to James, it's not Tim you have to be the most worried about," Mirana says as she begins to climb in the barrel, throwing a charm from her bracelet onto the ground. "Nyla Harper will fill you with so many bullet holes that you'll be more useful to Rosalind as a watering can"

"Get down!" Caleb snaps. "Oh and look up"

Mirana does so as Caleb takes a picture of her in the barrel, she begins taking in a few deep breaths.

"Any final words?" Caleb asks.

"Vete a la mierda,"

"I think you might be my favourite victim yet,"

Caleb grins at Mirana before the lid comes down, plunging her into darkness. The woman lets out a cry as the barrel begins to move, tossing her around before it lands with a thud.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana had no idea how much time had passed. She knew it couldn't have been any more than four hours as she could still breathe which meant she hadn't used all of the oxygen in the barrel up yet.