37

Mirana wakes up to Tim gently shaking her

Mirana wakes up to Tim gently shaking her. She grumbles before turning away causing Tim to laugh before shaking her again.

"It's time to get up, sweetheart," Tim says.

"Your bed's too comfortable," Mirana murmurs. "Let me sleep"

"I've already let you sleep longer than you're supposed to," Tim says. "Now come on"

"Fine," Mirana huffs, sitting up and Tim snorts.

Mirana's hair is sticking out in every direction as she rubs her eyes. Tim reaches out and tries to pat some of the strands down but they just pop back up.

"You could be an extra for The Lion King," Tim teases her.

Mirana glares at him before using her feet to push him off the bed and onto the floor.

"Ouch," Tim says. "I make you coffee and an omelette and you kick me off the bed?"

"You insulted me," Mirana grumbles.

"You're mean," Tim huffs.

"Have you met yourself on shift?" Mirana asks. "You're the epitome of mean, you hypocrite"

Tim chuckles at Mirana's response, rubbing his back where he landed on the floor. Mirana stretches, trying to shake off the last bits of sleep, and then swings her legs over the side of the bed.

"Alright, alright," Tim concedes, still grinning. "I'll keep my complaints to myself."

"Good choice," Mirana says, finally cracking a smile. "Now, where's that coffee and omelette you promised?"

Tim wanders into the kitchen and Mirana follows, stretching her arms out as she does so. Tim slides her the omelette before he starts eating his own.

"Perfect as always," she says, giving Tim a nod of approval.

"I aim to please," Tim says. "So, any exciting plans for the day?"

"Just the usual," Mirana replies, taking another sip of her coffee. "Solving crimes, chasing bad guys, dealing with my annoying T.O., the usual routine."

"Your annoyingly handsome T.O.," Tim grins at her and Mirana rolls her eyes playfully.

"Passable," Mirana shrugs and Tim gasps.

"Passable?" Tim feigns offence, holding a hand to his heart. "I'll have you know I'm the epitome of charm and handsomeness."

Mirana smirks. "Well, let's not get carried away. Your cooking skills are what make you truly irresistible."

"I'm a man of many talents, what can I say?"

"Now that I can agree with,"

"I've got time to show you some of those talents,"

"Oh?"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"You look radiant this morning," Lucy says as Mirana approaches.

"Let's see," Mirana says. "I arrested my shitbag father, he's got life without parole- Oh and I'm having really great sex"

"Just rub my face in it. All of you," Lucy grumbles as they walk into the briefing room. "I need a break. I can't believe we don't get a single vacation or personal day during our entire probationary year"

"I got you a personal day to come to that deposition,"

"True," Lucy nods. "And I love you for that"

"It's how we prove our commitment," Jackson says as Nolan sits next to him.

"Wearing wool in August isn't enough?" Nolan asks.

"Why are you so cheery?" Lucy asks Nolan who shrugs before replying.

"I'm just livin' my best life,"

"Jessica," Lucy, Mirana and Jackson all say in unison as they look at Nolan.

"No. Yeah, okay, a little. Yes, yes, yeah, a little. Yeah,"

"That's great. You seem really happy," Lucy smiles at Nolan.

"Thank you,"

"Oh, we should do a double date. I'd love for you to meet Gino," Jackson says.

"Sounds great, but she's out of town right now. She's, uh, doing a lecture at the Department of Homeland Security," Nolan says before lowering his voice. "Why don't you go with Tim and Mirana?"

"A double date is Tim's all-time worst nightmare," Mirana says. "I can ask but I wouldn't hold out hope"

"Can I have your attention?" Captain Andersen calls from her position on the landing outside the briefing room.

"Let's go Boots," Tim says.

"How do you put up with that?" Lucy asks, shaking her head.

"Great sex," Mirana replies as they stand in the bullpen. "And that man can cook"

"Are your standards that low?" Lucy whispers.

"Shut up," Mirana rolls her eyes.

"Everyone, gather up," Andersen calls. "All right, guys, listen up. Internal Affairs will be conducting random integrity tests this week"

"Reversals," Jackson says.

"That's right, Officer West," Grey nods.

"What's a reversal?" Mirana asks.

"Where cops go undercover to rat out other cops," Tim says.

"IA officers will be spending the week pretending to be criminals so they can analyze how we treat them," Andersen says.

"So, what Tim said," Angela chimes in.

"Do you think this is a joke, Officer Lopez? Officer Bradford?" Andersen asks the two officers.

"No, ma'am"

"No, ma'am"

"Good," Andersen says. "'Cause I take it very seriously. If you have to change your behaviour because of these reversals, we have a problem. My officers do things the right way every day. Is that understood?"

"Yes, ma'am,"

"Dismissed,"