13

"Everyone have a seat," Grey addresses the breaking room

"Everyone have a seat," Grey addresses the breaking room. "Today is a special day for our rookies. 'Cause today we switch things up. That's right. Everybody gets a new training officer"

"Cabrera, you'll be riding with Officer Lopez. West, you'll be riding with Officer Bradford. Chen, you'll be with Bishop. And Nolan, you're with Officer Lawrence,"

"Good luck Jackson," Mirana snorts quietly.

"Was he in a good mood this morning?"

"Yeah, because I had sex with him," Mirana nods. "Now he's here stuck with the nepo baby"

"Shit," Jackson hisses.

"But learning how to navigate a new T.O. is not your only challenge. By the end of next shift, I expect every rookie to uncover something personal about their training officer, something they don't want you to know," Grey says. "This will be a test of your investigative instincts and your fortitude. Best insight will win a day off. Worst one handles Saturday night cavity searches. That's it. Good luck"

The four rookies stand at the gear room window, grabbing their equipment for the day.

"What's Lopez like?" Mirana asks.

"Like I'm going to give you a headstart when I'm riding around with your bed buddy all day," Jackson shakes his head. "He's going to eat me alive isn't he?"

"And floss with your pinkie finger," Mirana nods, patting Jackson on the back sympathetically.

"What if you sneak him off to the locker rooms right now?" Jackson whispers.

"Then he'll be happy with me, but you wouldn't have done anything," Mirana shrugs, signing her name on the form"

"What's Cabrera like out on the street?" Angela asks Tim.

"She's skilled in hand-to-hand," Tim says. "Quick on her feet. Oh, here- Whoever she's riding with needs to carry them"

Tim reaches into his pocket and hands Angela two EpiPens. Angela takes them from Tim and slides them into her pocket.

"What's she allergic to?"

"Nuts," Tim says. "She told me she's allergic to peanuts and some tree nuts but she decided to avoid nuts entirely rather than play Russian Roulette"

"Smart woman," Angela nods as Mirana walks over.

"Don't make me look like an idiot Boot," Tim says, his hand brushing Mirana's thigh.

"You do that well enough yourself sir," Mirana teases and Angela laughs.

"Oh, I like her,"

Tim gives Angela a mock glare before Mirana pipes in with a mocking salute, "Don't worry, Officer Bradford. I'll make sure to learn everything I can from Officer Lopez."

Angela grins, "Well, good luck with that. I'm a tough nut to crack."

As the rookies head out to join their new training officers, Tim and Mirana share a brief moment.