8

Mirana exits the police station to see Tim leaning against his car

Mirana exits the police station to see Tim leaning against his car. Her eyes scan the parking lot and she hurries over, trying to get in the car as quickly as possible.

"Rapido!" Mirana hisses.

"What's the rush?"

"Watson's not far behind me, so drive the damn car!"

Mirana spots the Officer leaving the building and she drops down, hiding from view as Tim laughs, turning on the engine before peeling out of the parking lot.

"You're safe now," Tim says and Mirana sits up. "Takeout tonight?"

"What you feeling?" Mirana asks.

"Pizza?" Tim suggests.

"Sounds good," Mirana nods. "You have booze right?"

"I have beer," Tim says and Mirana pulls a face.

"Can we make a stop at the convenience store?" Mirana asks. "I'm gonna grab some wine"

"Sure thing," Tim replies, steering the car toward the convenience store.

As they walk into the store, Mirana heads straight for the wine section, selecting a bottle of red and a bottle of white. Tim joins her, grabbing a six-pack of beer.

"I thought you already had some beer?"

"Well, I always have it stocked up," Tim shrugs.

"Anything else?" Tim asks.

"Nope, I think we're good,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana sighs in relaxation as she stretches her legs across Tim's lap, the man tracing circles on her calf. She takes a large gulp from the wine in her glass as they watch The Handmaid's Tale on Tim's television.

"Have you told Chen you won't be home?"

"Pass me my phone,"

Tim hands Mirana her phone and she presses on Lucy's contact before lifting the phone to her ear.

"Hey, Banana,"

"Hey LuLu," Mirana swats Tim's wandering hand away. "Just calling to let you know I won't be home tonight"

"I expected as much. Oh hey, how was riding with Officer Watson?"

"A fucking nightmare," Mirana sighs. "Class A sleazebag"

"Oh, well, he said you agreed to go on a date with him,"

Mirana coughs as she chokes on her wine. Tim reaches over to pat her back as she places her wine glass on the table.

"He said what?"

"He told Jackson and I. We didn't believe him obviously. As if you'd ditch the Greek God you currently have wrapped around certain parts of you for Watson. Then he tried to flirt with me and I told him I was unavailable"

"Are you still avoiding the conversation you need to have with him?" Mirana asks and Lucy sighs.

"I don't want to ruin what we have. I just worry. I've always dreamed about having kids but his son is twenty, he's not going to want any more"

"That's why you have to talk to him,"

"Alright," Tim takes Mirana's phone. "See you tomorrow Chen. Your relationship problems with Nolan can wait till then"

"You told him?!"

"Of course, she didn't," Tim shakes his head. "You're just awful at hiding it"

With that, Tim hangs up the phone, placing it on the coffee table before he opens a bottle of beer. Tim takes a sip of his beer, and Mirana retrieves her phone from the table.

"You know," Tim begins, looking at Mirana with a playful glint in his eyes, "She's not wrong about the Greek God part."

"You heard that?!"

"I have impeccable hearing," Tim smirks at her.

"Well she wasn't talking about you," Mirana says.

"So who was she talking about?"

"Sergeant Grey,"

"Funny," Tim says, having a swig of his beer.

Mirana chuckles, appreciating Tim's playful banter. "You're not going to let that go, are you?"

"Why would I? I make a pretty good Greek God, don't I?" Tim grins.

Mirana shakes her head, amused. "You're incorrigible."

"Just keeping things interesting," Tim says, settling back into the couch. "So, Chen mentioned a date with Watson. Any truth to that?"

Mirana rolls her eyes. "Absolutely not. That guy is unbearable. Besides, who will get under your skin so much that all you want to do is have sex with them?"

"True," Tim murmurs, pressing a kiss to her neck.

"Are you always this charming?" Mirana teases, looking at Tim with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Only for the gorgeous women," Tim replies.

"Gorgeous women, huh?" she says, giving him a teasing look. "I guess I'll have to take your word for it."

"You don't believe me?"

Mirana smirks. "I believe actions speak louder than words."

"I am a man of action," Tim says, pushing Mirana back so she's lying on the couch as he hovers above her.

"All I'm hearing right now is talk,"

"You're going to get yourself in trouble,"

"I'm willing to take that risk,"

Tim smirks as he leans down, capturing Mirana's lips in a passionate kiss. Mirana runs her fingers through Tim's short hair, pulling him closer. Tim is the one to break the kiss, his gaze locking with Mirana's.

"You're trouble,"

"You love it,"