26

Tim parks the car near Angela and Bishop's cars

Tim parks the car near Angela and Bishop's cars. Lucy and her T.O. had been required to stay back to keep patrolling the streets.

"Let's gear up," Tim says to Mirana. "Got your backup piece?"

"Si," Mirana nods, frowning when Tim puts a metal plate in her vest. "What is this?"

"Trauma plate for your vest. Little extra protection,"

"Oh. Bradford Special. Is this not too much?" Mirana asks.

"You know why they call this place the Bronson Estates?"

"That British criminal?" Mirana guesses.

"No," Angela shakes her head. "There was a movie called Death Wish. Starred Charles Bronson"

"Yeah," Bishop nods. "For a long time, responding to a call here meant that you had a death wish"

"But it's better now, right?" Jackson asks.

"It's no longer the wild, wild west," Angela says. "Lots of low-income families live here. But it never hurts to be cautious"

Tim rejoins the group and he has a large rifle in his hands, a small smirk dancing on his lips.

"Let's go,"

"A little extra shock and awe?" Angela asks.

"Damn straight," Tim nods.

"We're here to talk to people, not scare the hell out of them," Bishop says.

"Speak for yourself," Tim says as he looks at the rest of the group before putting the rifle away. "Alright. Let's do this. This'll go faster if we split up. Bishop, you all right riding solo?"

"Have you met me?" Bishop asks.

"Okay. Mirana and I will start on three," Tim says. "You take two. Jackson and Lopez will ground floor it. Stay in constant radio contact"

Tim pushes open the door and holds it open for the others to enter the building.

"What a gentleman," Angela teases.

"He wants good karma before we all die," Mirana says.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Tim knocks on one of the apartment doors and a woman's voice calls out from behind it.

"Who's there?"

"Gas company,"

Cesiah opens the door and instantly tries to shut it when she notices the police uniforms. Tim puts his hand up, stopping the door from closing.

"Cesiah Olivo," Tim says as they enter the apartment. "Just the woman we're looking for"

"Marcus isn't here,"