39

"In there now,"

"In there now,"

Mirana opens the door to one of the interrogation rooms before changing the plaque to occupied. Tim sighs before walking into the room as Mirana closes the door behind them.

"You want to tell me why you've been acting so loco today?"

Tim crosses his arms over his chest as he sits in one of the chairs. He stares at the floor and Mirana shakes her head.

"You could have done serious damage!" Mirana exclaims. "He could have bled out. You do not get to stand there giving me the silent treatment! Why does that Murphy woman get under your skin so much?"

Tim remains silent, his expression stoic as he avoids eye contact with Mirana. She exhales in frustration as she sits on the table, waiting for Tim to speak.

"Well?"

After a tense moment, Tim finally speaks. "Murphy and I have history. It's complicated."

Mirana raises an eyebrow. "Complicated, how?"

"Murphy was Isabel's investigating officer," Tim says.

"So what's her issue with you?" Mirana asks. "Because she's clearly gotten under your skin"

"She knows I covered for Isabel for a while," Tim says. "She pushed for me to be demoted, never become anything more than patrol but no one supported her in her decision"

"So that's why she's on your ass?" Mirana asks and Tim nods.

"Yeah," Tim says, running a hand through his hair. "She thinks I'm crooked for covering for Isabel, and now she's determined to prove that I'm not fit for anything beyond the basics."

Mirana leans back, folding her arms. "And that's why you've been acting insane?"

Tim sighs. "I guess I let it get to me. The way I've been handling it has been stupid."

"Yes, you have. Risking a man's life just to prove a point to some IA officer who's already made up her mind about you is only going to damage your career, not hers. And I now have a pile of paperwork taller than me for how many citations you gave Mario Lopez and now with the grow house"

"We'll split it," Tim says. "It's my fault you have so much paperwork"

"Yes. Yes, it is,"

"I'm sorry," Tim says. "I made you feel scared of me and I can never apologise enough"

"It's fine," Mirana offers him a small smile.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana picks at the fries in front of her as she scrolls through her Instagram feed. She is sitting with Lucy, Jackson and Nolan as they talk about the day and reversals.

"Hold on," Jackson says. "Mario Lopez gave you his number. The Mario Lopez?"

"Mm-hmm," Mirana nods.

"Are you going to call him?" Jackson asks. "We know you like men with wives"