45

"Why are we here?" Tim asks Mirana as they get out of the car

"To get you to loosen up," Angela calls.

Tim glances over to see Lucy, Lawrence, Nolan, Jackson, Angela, Bishop, Wesley and Gino, all standing near the entrance of the paintball course.

"Now," Mirana says. "To make things fair, Angela and Tim are the team leaders so they can't work together. Alternate picks for teams. Tim first"

"Mirana," Tim grins at her and she returns the smile.

"Talia," Angela says and Bishop moves to stand with Angela.

"Wesley," Tim grins at Angela who glares at him playfully.

"Nolan,"

"Chen,"

"Lawrence,"

"West,"

"Gino," Angela looks at her team and then Tim's. "Your team is all police officers besides Wesley"

"Your fault," Tim shrugs. "Let's go get kitted up"

"Wesley's cannon fodder right?" Mirana asks and Tim nods.

"Hey!" Wesley complains.

Mirana takes her paintball rifle and face mask before the team turns to face Tim.

"Alright," Tim says. "We better win or else I'll shoot you all"

The team members share amused glances as Tim rallies them with his usual authoritative tone.

"I'm so inspired," Wesley says sarcastically and the others laugh.

"Watch it, Evers," Tim smirks. "I've got a paintball gun, and I'm not afraid to use it."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"You ready?" Tim asks Mirana. "Remember. No mercy"

"You're having fun, aren't you?" Mirana teases.

"No. On me. Go!"

The team slaps on their face masks before they spring into action. The group splits up as Mirana and Tim go left while Jackson, Lucy and Wesley go right.

A snapping twig causes Mirana to turn and shoot Gino in the chest twice. Green paint splatters across his shirt and Gino shoots Mirana a thumbs up.

"Thank god," Gino sighs. "I'm going to get a coffee"

As Gino heads towards the safe zone, Mirana and Tim cautiously advance through the wooded terrain, their paintball guns at the ready. The dense foliage provides ample cover, and the occasional rustle of leaves keeps them on edge.

"Watch your six," Tim whispers to Mirana as they approach a clearing.

Mirana turns when she hears a muffled cough. She fires twice, hitting Nolan in the leg as a pellet hits Nolan in the back.

"YEAH!" Lucy cheers.

Mirana grins at Lucy's triumphant cheer. "Nice shot, Lucy!"

Nolan raises his hands in surrender, laughing. "Alright, alright, I'm out. Good one, Mirana."

"So it's Angela, Bishop and Lawrence left," Tim says as Wesley, Jackson and Lucy rejoin them. "Angela is the biggest threat"

"We could just ambush them," Wesley shrugs. "5 v 3"

"This is a tactical game," Tim retorts as Mirana shakes her head at Wesley.

"Wesley, just go along with what he says," Mirana pats the man's shoulder. "For everyone's sanity, but especially mine"

Wesley grins and nods. "Alright, alright. I'll follow your lead, Tim."

As they continue through the course, Tim gestures for the team to spread out and take strategic positions. Mirana, Tim, Wesley, Jackson, and Lucy move quietly through the terrain, keeping their eyes peeled for any signs of the opposing team.

In the distance, they spot Angela, Bishop, and Lawrence huddled behind makeshift barricades. Tim signals for the team to crouch and move closer, planning their assault carefully.

Mirana spots a fallen log that could provide cover. "I'll take the left flank," she whispers to Tim.

"Got it. We'll move up in sync," Tim replies.

Wesley looks at Jackson and Lucy, a mischievous grin on his face. "Ready for the ambush?"

The three of them share a nod before preparing to surprise the opposing team.

"On three," Tim mouths before counting down with his fingers. "NOW!"

The five open fire on the opposite team. Angela whips around and gets Wesley straight in the chest causing him to stare at her open-mouthed.

"Sorry honey!" Angela calls.

Lucy hits Bishop on the shoulder before getting a pellet to the left breast causing Mirana to wince sympathetically. Jackson manages to get Lawrence before being taken out by Angela.

"So it's you and me versus Angela," Tim says.

"We can do this right?" Mirana asks.

"It's us, of course we can. Ready?" Tim asks Mirana.

"Ready," she nods.

They coordinate their movements, weaving through the terrain to flank Angela. Angela, noticing their approach, adjusts her stance, prepares for the impending confrontation.

Tim signals for Mirana to move left while he advances from the right. Angela glances between them, calculating her next move. As Mirana nears Angela's position, Tim emerges from the opposite side, their paintball guns aimed at Angela.

"Angela, surrender. It's over," Tim calls out.

Angela smirks. "Never surrender!"

She attempts a daring move, trying to dodge their shots. Mirana and Tim fire simultaneously, creating a barrage of paintballs heading Angela's way. In an acrobatic twist, Angela narrowly avoids some of the shots but is hit in the leg by Mirana and on the shoulder by Tim.

Angela holds her hands up, conceding defeat. "Alright, alright, you got me."

When Tim and Mirana cheer, Angela raises her gun, peppering them both with pellets.

"The game's over!" Tim complains.

"Which is why I can do this," Angela replies.

The group, now covered in splatters of colourful paint, gather for a friendly post-match banter.

"Good game, everyone," Tim says, shaking hands with Angela.

"That was intense," Mirana adds.

"Here,"

Mirana turns to face Jackson who wipes a long stripe of green paint down her face. Mirana's mouth falls open in shock as the others muffle their laughter.

"You're dead, West," Mirana says.

"Oh shit!" Jackson exclaims, breaking into a run as Mirana chases after him.

"I'm sure West lived a great life," Tim says.

"She's gonna kill him," Lucy murmurs.

"I know, isn't she great?" Tim grins proudly as he watches Mirana tackles Jackson to the ground.

The group bursts into laughter as Mirana playfully scolds Jackson, who's now covered in leaves and grinning from ear to ear.

"Apologise!" Mirana demands.

"Never!"

"Fine!"

"Don't tickle me- AHH!"