15

Mirana walks into the parking lot with Tim's spare set of car keys in her hand only to find Nyla leaning against the car

"Hello," Nyla says and Mirana smiles awkwardly.

"Hi,"

"So, you know we're gonna have to talk about it, right?"

"Look, I've been scolded by Tim and it has definitely created a conversation to be had between us," Mirana says and Nyla nods. "But your speech? It was asombrosa"

"I was a little rusty, but thank you," Nyla replies.

"I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do when I become a P2," Mirana says, toying with the ring on her finger. "And undercover work is something I've had my sights set on for a while. Maybe robbery homicide but I'm keeping my options open"

"I have time for drinks now," Nyla says, a small grin on her face. "If you want to pick my brain"

"Let me just text Tim," Mirana says, typing on her phone before sliding it into her pocket. "I am all yours"

Nyla's phone rings and she answers it, looking down at her screen.

"Hey. You know you owe me big time, right?" Nyla asks the woman.

"Yeah, but can we keep my tab open? I could use another assist,"

"Uh, I was about to go out for drinks with a colleague of mine, Mirana Cabrera," Nyla says, turning her phone so Mirana is in the camera.

"Hi," Mirana nods.

"I'm in a bind. Look, the real reason I couldn't make the convention today is because I spotted a tail on my way down from Sacramento,"

"Who?" Nyla asks.

"I think it's the buyer in this op I've been running. They're sniffing around a big batch of liquid Fentanyl, I'm selling,"

"And you think they're onto you?" Nyla asks.

"I think there's a lot of money in play and they're paranoid as hell,"

"Are they still surveilling you?" Nyla asks.

"Yeah, I couldn't lose them. I think they put a tracker on my car. Look, I'm at The Smoke House in Burbank, but my whole team's up in San Jose"

"What are you driving?" Nyla asks.

"Black Mustang GT. They know me as Coco,"

"All right, I'm on my way," Nyla says before hanging up the phone and turning to Mirana. "Your fiancee is going to kill me but do you wanna come with?"

"Yeah," Mirana nods. "I'll tell him later, he'll shout at me first so I'll fire you a warning"

"Great," Nyla nods. "Let's go"