Part One

Clara POV.

I'm a rural girl. I came to New York to work and make money.

But I'm unlucky.

When I first became a courier, my e-bike got stolen. While working as a waitress in a restaurant later, I encountered a customer who dined and dashed.

Now I'm smiling bitterly and bowing to my boss to apologize, but he still decides to fire me.

The next moment, a customer sitting in the corner of the restaurant asks me, "Would you like me to introduce you to a job?"

I ask, "What job?"

"Personal assistant."

"Why me?"

"I see you can still smile when you are scolded. I feel your resilience is strong."

...

I am a bit panicked, but the customer says the salary is three times what I'm earning now, and if I work for a full year, there will be additional bonuses.

Then I take the key he gives me and go to a villa according to the address.

The living room of the villa is very messy, with clothes scattered all the way from the sofa to the bedroom door.

I stand there, listening to moans coming from the bedroom.

After more than twenty minutes, the door opens, and a man and a woman come out.

The woman looks familiar, like an actress.

The man beside her is also good-looking, tall, with abs, and a refined face.

"Are you the new assistant Mateo found for me?" the man asks.

I nod.

The man looks me over from head to toe, then furrows his brows.

"Is there any problem, darling?" the woman leans against the man, asking curiously.

"Is she child labor? She looks as flat as a wall," the man replies.

He is Arthur.