02 Clara

Clara POV.

They finally walk out.

I stand there for a moment, then pick up the broom to clean up the shattered glass all over the floor.

I think that after finishing cleaning and having dinner, I can finally end my day, but my phone suddenly rings.

Arthur asks me to buy a box of condoms and deliver them to him.

It's still hot and humid at eleven o'clock at night.

I go to a convenience store and buy a box of condoms, then go to Arthur's house. As I walk into the bedroom, I see Arthur and Lily kissing.

Lily is the actress I saw on the first day I came to Arthur's villa. Now she is completely limp in Arthur's arms, her clothes already half undone.

When Arthur hears the sound, he glances at me and slips his hand into Lily's clothes.

I hear Lily moaning and quickly hand the box of condoms over, then turn to leave.

But before I can close the door, the box of condoms is thrown at my feet.

"Too small," Arthur says.

Lily moans again. She hugs Arthur's neck and says, "Forget it... just come in..."

She leans in to kiss Arthur's cheek as if trying to please him, and then I see Arthur chuckle lightly.

He pushes Lily away, saying, "Your mouth is fine too; I can't wait any longer."

I breathe a sigh of relief.

I think I can finally go home, but then I hear Arthur say, "You stay and make some night snacks."

Since Lily is still here, I make food for two.

When they come downstairs to the dining room to eat, I am mopping the floor nearby.

But Arthur doesn't eat his portion. While Lily is eating, he crosses his arms and watches her across the table. He even asks me to open a bottle of wine and pour a glass for Lily.

After Lily finishes eating and wipes her mouth with a napkin, Arthur suddenly stands up and hands her a bank card with a flat tone, "We've been together for almost half a year now, right? I'm busy with the F1 now, so don't come over anymore."

Lily's smile freezes on her face. She seems a bit drunk and staggers when she stands up.

"Can you take me home?" When she reaches the door, she turns to Arthur and says, "This is probably the last time we see each other."

I am tidying up the table when I hear Lily's pitiful voice from afar, and my heart breaks, although I'm a woman.

But Arthur's voice remains calm, "Where's your assistant?"

"She's on vacation."

"Shall I call a driver for you?" Arthur asks again.

"I'm a star; it's not good for the driver to recognize me."

I think Lily is desperately trying to save their relationship. She is so beautiful and gentle; no one can refuse her requests.

But I am wrong.

The next second, Arthur turns to me, "Can you drive?"

I am stunned for a moment and nod.

"Take her home."

"Uh, okay." I pick up the car key and go out with Lily.

In the darkness, I hold the steering wheel and glance at her cautiously through the rearview mirror.

Lily starts crying as soon as she gets in the car.

I don't know how to comfort her, so I stop the car in front of a convenience store and buy her some tissues.

Perhaps my slight sympathy comforts her, and her tears flow even more.

"I thought I was different from other women."

"None of his previous girlfriends were with him for more than three months."

I continue driving, watching her use tissues through the rearview mirror, thinking I should have bought two packs.

Lily continues to sob, "He got tired of me so quickly."

"He only knows how to use money to get rid of me..."

Ouch—

Suddenly, my hand slips, and the car swerves on the road in an S-shaped trajectory.

Her last words keep echoing in my mind.