One

Sienna huffed to herself as she carried groceries up the path to her front door, nearly losing balance and falling on her mum's carton of eggs. She kicked the door as a way of knocking when her arms were loaded down with bags of groceries and her mother quickly greeted her.

"The market didn't have spaghetti. So, I got lasagna noodles instead." She rambled as she pushed past her mother and into the house.

"Sienna-" Her mother called, but Sienna cut her off.

"Oh, I found these little chocolate hazelnut pastries. I've never tried them, but they look delicious." Sienna bounced once to regain her grip on one of the bags slipping through her arms.

"Sienna, I need to tell you something." Her mother raised her voice as she finally got a sentence out, but Sienna already discovered what the "something" was.

Sienna stood frozen in the doorway of the living room, staring blankly at her father and the boy sitting next to him. Their conversation ceased when they saw her. The boy stood, nervously scratching the back of his neck as he met her eyes.

"Hey, Enna." He shrugged.

His voice changed, Sienna noted, it was deeper now. Sienna hadn't seen Luke in years since he moved away with his band in hopes of getting somewhere in the music industry. He'd left with all these promises to stay in touch and visit, had filled her with so much hope, and after months of no contact with him the realization that she wasn't important to him anymore had broken her heart. They had been best friends since birth. The fact that they were family was simply coincidental.

She'd spent years having no one to talk to because he had just abandoned her. She didn't want to make new friends. She wanted Luke back. After a while, the heartbreak turned into anger. She hated him for leaving her and for what the pain had done to her.

Now here they were, standing face to face for the first time in three years.

He's taller, Sienna realized.

She grew her hair out, Luke noticed.

Suddenly, Sienna let all the groceries in her arms clutter to the floor. The sound caused everyone in the room to flinch and she noted that her mum's eggs were definitely broken now. She looked at her mother in anger.

"How could you bring him here?" She asked in betrayal.

"Enna-" Luke began, but Sienna snapped her head in direction with a glare.

"Don't, Luke!" She spat. "You show up here after years," She gritted her teeth. "and you say "hey"?" Tears sprung to her eyes. "I don't care why you're here. Just get out."

"Sienna," her father stood from his seat. "that is enough." He boomed. "Luke is here," He began." "because you are going with him on tour."

"The hell I am." Sienna scoffed. "He abandoned me!" She defended. "You listened to me cry over him for months, and now you're just shipping me across the world with him?"

"This isn't a negotiation. You're going." Her father crossed his arms over his chest.

Sienna looked to her mother with desperation.