Forty-six

Sienna watched Niall and Calum embrace each other once more, noticing the energy around them seemed different, almost more affectionate. She wondered what had brought that on.

They parted, giving each other a pat on the back and a nod before stepping away from the embrace.

Sienna swallowed hard. It was her turn to say goodbye. Niall had already said his goodbyes to the lads, saving the hardest goodbye for last.

He turned to face her, a somber smile on formed on his lips as he moved to wrap his arms around Sienna.

Sienna took a deep breath and threw herself against his chest, holding him so tightly her knuckles turned white.

"I love you." She told him in a whisper.

"I love you." He tightened his grip on her.

Calum observed their goodbye, studying how Niall so effortlessly told Sienna he loved her—even if it wasn't a romantic form of love—and wondering why the thought of saying the same words to Sienna terrified him.

Why does it have to be such a big deal, Calum wondered. I mean, it's not like it's a wedding proposal. Just three little words.

The more he thought about it, the faster he talked himself out of doing it. It was a big deal. It shouldn't be said unless it was meant.

I mean, it is a big deal, at least to me, Calum decided. But does it have to be this big of a deal?

"Thank you for coming to me when I needed you." Sienna told Niall sadly. There was too much to say, too many things to thank him for, and not enough time. "And for everything else."

"Don't hesitate to call me if you need me." Niall said, petting the back of Sienna's head gently. "I'll get on a plane or I'll send one to you. Just say the word, okay?"

The thought of Sienna getting on a plane and flying across the world without him made Calum's heart sink. He felt an uncontrollable need to be wherever she was.

Sienna gave Niall a nod and a sniffle, squeezing him tighter once more before releasing him. She pulled back to look at him and gave a somber smile.

"I'll see you soon, yeah?" She told him shakily, situating a few stray strands of his hair he hadn't bothered to fix.

"Yeah." Niall agreed. "There's a bedroom in mine and Tommo's flat with your name on it." He added sweetly. "If you ever need somewhere to crash, or you just want to visit, it's yours."

Sienna let out a laugh. It was short and sad, but still sincere. Before she could respond, Nialls flight was announced over the airport sound system.

She threw her arms around his neck instantly, clutching him to her tightly. She squeezed her eyes shut, taking in his scent and warmth before it would disappear. As she released him, she kissed his cheek.

"Send my love to Louis and the other lads."

"Can do, babe." He told her with a chuckle although Sienna could sense he was trying to hold himself together for her sake. He looked away from her to the others. "Until next time, lads." He gave them a nod.