Thirty-five

Calum embraced the kiss instantly, wrapping his arms tightly around Sienna. All the anxiety he'd had before, all the worries that had infested his mind, disappeared in an instant.

Sienna wrapped her arms around Calum's neck as he pulled her closer, tangling one hand in his hair. The feeling of his lips on hers sent electricity coursing through her veins. His touch made her heart race. She was simultaneously full of excitement and calmness; uncontrollable passion but also peace.

She kissed him until her lungs ached for air. She was completely lost for breath, yet it felt like the first time she'd been able to breathe, really breathe, in quite some time.

When they parted from the kiss, Calum rested his forehead against Sienna's. His eyes remained closed as he attempted to catch his breath.

Damn, Calum thought. I've missed that so much.

Sienna smiled softly at him even though he wasn't looking at her. Her chest rose and fell as quickly as Calum's as she too tried to catch her breath.

After a moment, Calum willed himself to slowly open his eyes although he still hadn't caught his breath.

"What was that for?" He asked breathlessly.

"That..." Sienna began before pausing to take a deep breath. "was because I love you."

Calum's entire expression changed as he processed what Sienna had said to him. His eyes widened slightly and his lips parted though he didn't know how to respond.

Sienna couldn't help but feel relieved. After weeks of keeping her feelings inside because things were too "complicated", she had finally told him exactly how much he meant to her.

Even if it wasn't mutual, even if he never said it back, she had told him how she felt and–if nothing else, if never again–she had gotten one last kiss.

A deep, passionate, beautiful last kiss.

And that was enough.

Before Calum could say anything, there was a knock at the door of the bus.

Sienna stepped away from him at the sound.

Calum nearly shivered at the absence of Sienna's warmth. He couldn't take his eyes off her as she quickly took a seat on the sofa.

Did she really say that, He wondered. I didn't just imagine it?

Whether he was stunned by the words she'd said or the fact that she said them, he did not know. He found it hard to believe that anyone could love him, could be in love with him, but here Sienna was.

Of all the people in the world, Sienna loved him. Even if he did not yet know what love felt like, he knew how lucky it made him to be loved by her.

The door of the bus swung open and four lads bounded up onto the bus.

They took in the sight of Sienna comfortably lounging on the sofa and Calum standing frozen with an unreadable expression.

"You alright, mate?" Michael asked Calum curiously.

She loves me, Calum thought. She told me she loves me.

"Yeah." Calum blinked a few times to try and snap out of his trance. "Just...lost my train of thought."

~~~~~~