Forty-five

Niall drug his hand heavily across his face, attempting to wipe away some of his sleepiness as he trudged over to Sienna's bunk.

What was I thinking, he asked himself. Booking a 5 a.m. flight?

He'd only gotten roughly a little over an hour of sleep. After all, they hadn't even gotten back to the bus until after midnight. After that he'd spent time talking with everyone before turning in for the night around three in the morning.

I should've just stayed up, he realized. At least then I wouldn't feel like a zombie.

With a yawn he extended an arm out to Sienna's bunk, pulling the curtain back. He managed a chuckle as he found not just Sienna but Calum as well, stretched out in the bunk still sound asleep.

He supposed he shouldn't be surprised–Calum snuck into Sienna's bed nearly every night. He knew this. But he knew Calum usually returned to his own bunk before they could be caught.

Guess he slipped up and fell asleep, Niall thought. Lucky I chose to wake them first.

Niall couldn't help but smile at them, at how peaceful they looked. Sienna had shared his bed, had slept on his chest many nights, but something about this was very different. Something about the way they held each other, even in their unconscious, peaceful state was different—it was more intimate. They didn't just share a bed. They were molded together, tangled around each other as though they never wished to part.

He hated to wake them. But he had to before someone else woke and saw them like this. One look at them and anyone could see what they were to each other.

He placed a hand on Calum's shoulder, shaking him lightly awake.

"Mate," he said quietly as Calum began to stir.

Calum's eyes opened slowly and sluggishly. It took him a few moments to realize who Niall was, what time it was, where he was, and why someone was waking him.

"What's up?" Calum asked, his voice husky from sleep.

"Long night?" Niall grinned at him.

Only now did Calum realize what he'd done. He was still in Sienna's bunk. He'd fallen asleep before he could bring himself to leave her.

He still held her closely. He shifted beneath her. She still laid halfway on his chest.

"I'll give you two a minute before I wake the others." Niall told him, giving him another smile before walking away with a plan to splash cold water on his face.

Calum's eyes remained on Sienna. He smiled softly as he took in the sight of her; her blonde hair sprawled across his chest, her arms wrapped around his torso, her legs entwined with his, her full lips parted slightly as soft snores rolled from them.

He chuckled quietly, trying to keep his chest from bouncing enough to wake her. He wanted a few more moments with her like this. Wrapped up in each other, not a worry in the world, just the two of them.

He thought for a moment of a life he had always dreamed of. A life spent seeing the world with his best mates and his girl, doing what he loved most. Looking into the crowd of each show to see her face, going to bed each night with her in his arms. Living a life that seemed too good to be true.

He pictured himself with Sienna years in the future. Their features would have matured but still hold their devilishly playful light, they would have grown together but retained that flame of excitement and electricity between them, they would always be they way they were now—hopelessly and entirely enamored with each other.