Twenty-six

Niall and Sienna played doubles against Ashton and Luke until it was time for the lads to go to soundcheck.

Regardless of what Luke and Ashton might say, Niall and Sienna won the match.

Ashton and Luke's play of Ashton picking Sienna up and carrying her away from the ball so Luke could steal it was without a doubt cheating. Sienna didn't care though.

She just enjoyed spending time with them, even if they did cheat.

"Boys!" David called from one of the doors of the arena. "Soundcheck! Let's go!"

Luke rushed over to the bus and pounded on the side, signaling Calum.

Ashton and Luke each kissed Sienna on the cheek before rushing off to catch up with David.

"Later, losers!" Luke called to Sienna and Niall.

"Later, cheaters!" Sienna laughed. "We won!"

"Whatever makes you feel better!" Ashton yelled just before they disappeared through the doorway.

The creaking of the tour bus door caught Sienna's attention just as she was about to say something to Niall.

When Calum stepped off the bus, Sienna's heart raced. His gaze didn't linger to her though. His eyes stayed focused on David.

Niall's, however, stayed on Sienna. He watched the way her eyes changed when Calum walked in. He knew no amount of cuddling and watching musicals would change how much she missed him. It would only numb it for a while.

They have to talk, Niall decided.

When Calum disappeared with David, Sienna finally snapped out of her trance.

"He spoke to me today." She admitted. "First time since everything happened."

"And?" Niall asked eagerly.

"He told me he was proud of me. He gave me this." Sienna explained, retrieving the peppermint patty from her pocket. She smiled sadly down at it in her hand.

"He remembered." Niall noted. Sienna nodded.

"Of course he did." She told him with a sad smile. "The charm bracelet was his idea." She took a long, shaky breath. "I asked him how he was doing. You know, since he's been looking so unwell lately."

"What did he say?"

"That he's been better." Sienna said. "And for me to not worry about him, but..." She shook her head. "I can't help myself."

"You care about him." Niall told her. "Of course you worry about him."

"I just...miss him." She admitted with a sigh. Her gaze was focused on her charm bracelet as she pushed the charms around with her index finger. "I just wish we could talk like we used to."

"What would you want?" Niall wondered. "If things had happened differently, what would you have wanted to happen between you?"

"Something more." She said with a shrug. "He wasn't just some guy who was always hitting on me. He was there every time I woke up screaming. He stayed with me anytime I was up all night working on schoolwork." She explained. "He paid attention to things I said and did that no one else even thought twice about. He wasn't afraid to be vulnerable around me." She told him, and even Niall knew Calum hated seeming vulnerable to others. "And he was always trying to make me laugh or smile. And he made me feel alive." She met his eyes now. "I could see myself being happy with him."