Forty-one

"So, when you said we would have some fun before I have to go, you meant we were going to an arcade."

Sienna looked over at Niall with a grin as he took in the sight before him, a large arcade which featured a roller skating rink, ice cream parlor, and black light bowling alley.

Sienna thought it would be a perfect spot for the pair of them to get out and have some quality childish fun before Niall had to leave.

"Don't give me that look." Sienna laughed. "You're going to love it."

Sienna pulled Niall along behind her by his wrist. Niall laughed, stumbling to keep up with her. The security guards that accompanied them rushed after them desperately into the arcade.

The place was empty. Not many people go roller skating before ten in the morning it seems. Sienna and Niall, along with their security team, were the only occupants apart from the employees.

Sienna was on skates and gliding around in elegant figure-eights when Niall stumbled out onto the smooth, glossy skating floor.

Niall threw his arms out in attempt to balance himself as he flailed around to find his footing.

"Did I forget to mention that I could skate?" Sienna giggled as she came to a stop in front of an amused looking Niall. "Luke and I did this all the time when we were kids."

Sienna watched in amusement as Niall clumsily fumbled around on his skates. She placed her hands on his arms, allowing him to use her as a means to steady himself on his skates.

He caught his breath as he clung to Sienna.

"Lose the grin, Hemmings, and teach me how to bloody skate."

~~~~~~

While Sienna had been the experienced skater, Niall was the experienced bowler. They played game after game and each time Niall won by a landslide.

However, the two of them hadn't paid much attention to the score while they bowled. Instead, Niall would bowl each turn in a ridiculous stance just to make Sienna laugh and Sienna would try to copy his silly stances to see which one of them did it better. At one point the two of them had competed to see which could get the most pins while moonwalking.

During this time, more people had begun to show up to the arcade, but not many seemed to pay them any mind. Some had recognized them, but none had approached them.

Now, the two of them had treated themselves–and their security team–to ice cream from the ice cream parlor inside the arcade.

"Breakfast of champions." Niall muttered through a mouthful of his rocky road ice cream. "Who eats ice cream this early?"

"Waffle cones are made from waffles." Sienna said laughingly as she glanced down at her ice cream cone. "Which technically makes this a breakfast food, right?"

Niall smiled at her words and continued devouring his ice cream. He knew he would miss spending time like this with his friend. He dreaded leaving her tomorrow.

Sienna shared Niall's dread. She did not want to see him go. He had been by her side for so long now, everything would feel strange and incomplete without him. But she knew he had to go. He couldn't stay with her forever. She was thankful to get to spend some time alone with him before he had to leave.