Thirty-two

Sienna found herself standing in a solid white room. She glanced around at the unfamiliar surroundings and furrowed her brows.

"I'm in...a hospital?" Sienna said aloud to herself as she came to realize where she was. Confusion overwhelmed her.

A painful sound filled the atmosphere. The sound of a strained, deep, devastating cry.

Sienna turned to face the source of the sound. She was surprised to find three boys standing before her. They stared at her with tear-stained, pale faces. The cry had come from the boy in the middle.

"Luke," She said quickly as she realized he had been the one to cry out. "What's wrong?"

Luke said nothing. He stared forward as if Sienna wasn't there, a blank yet pained expression on his face.

What could possibly have upset Luke this much, she wondered.

She had an idea and quickly looked down at her wrists. There were no new marks. Only pale scars from the past.

It's not me, she realized.

She was relieved, but she had a feeling whatever the real reason for Luke's expression was worse. Luke suddenly sank to his knees.

Sienna dove to the ground after him. She took his face in her hands as she stared at him with wide eyes.

"Luke, you're scaring me." She told him as fear grew inside her. "What are we doing here? What's happened?"

Luke didn't answer.

She looked up to the other two boys with panic. Then, a realization came to her. There was one person missing. She rose to her feet slowly.

"Ashton..." Sienna forced herself to choke his name out. "Why are we here?" She asked him desperately, nausea began to wash over her.

"I think you know why we're here." Ashton spat the words at her, tears streaming his face.

Her fear had been right. This had to do with the one person who was missing from this scene. Something horrible had happened to him.

Sienna shook her head. She looked to the other boy desperately.

"No." She shook her head again. "Mike, tell me it's not true." She pleaded as tears built in her eyes quickly. "Tell me he's okay."

"Calum," Michael choked out as he wiped tears from his face. "was in an accident, Sienna."

Sobs instantly formed in Sienna's chest as she processed the words. She felt as if the air had been sucked from the room.

"After that stupid fight you two had earlier, Calum decided to go out and get a few drinks to blow off some steam." Ashton explained sharply. "He tried to drive afterwards and...wrapped the vehicle around a streetlight."

Sienna felt as if she might vomit. She backed away from the boys.

"He got himself killed because of you!" Ashton shouted at her. Sienna flinched at the sound of his booming voice.

"No-" Sienna cried quietly, her back coming to meet the wall behind her.

"You killed him!" Ashton yelled. "You did this!"

More sobs rolled from Sienna's lips as she slid down the wall. She hugged her knees to her chest as she cowered away from Ashton's shouting.