Forty-three

Loud sounds of multiple laughters overlapped each other as everyone made their way onto the bus.

David stood nearby, taking a head count as the group bounced by him, making sure all those he was responsible for were accounted for. He found himself slightly surprised to find Sienna and Calum with the group and not lagging behind somewhere still in the arena. He let out a relieved breath.

Sienna took a seat on the sofa, Niall quickly joining her as the rest of the lads scattered themselves around the common area of the bus.

This part of the bus held a new place in Calum's heart. It had been the spot where Sienna had told him she loved him. He couldn't walk into this space without reliving that moment, without her words replaying over and over in his mind. It always brought a small smile to his lips.

The laughter that had filled the air moments ago began to fade. The lads had been extremely amused by Niall's commentary on their cover choice of the night.

The song they had chosen to do a cover of for the show had been Midnight Memories as a farewell tribute to Niall.

Sienna didn't think she would ever forget the look on Niall's face as he watched them play the song for him, the amusement and adoration he felt for his friends shown plainly on his face.

Niall's joking criticism had sparked dozens of jokes amongst the lads before they even made it to the tour bus.

Wait 'til Louis finds out you messed up his solo, Niall had warned, there'll be hell to pay.

"You know," Luke spoke up as everyone settled in. "Things won't be the same around here without you, mate."

Niall gave a quick sad look to Sienna before taking a deep breath. He would miss being on the road with these lads, with Sienna. Being without her would feel alien and uncomfortable after being by her side for so long. Only weeks ago, she'd needed to be on his chest in order to sleep. He worried once again how she would cope to his absence.

"I need to thank you lads." Niall said. "For letting me show up unannounced and stay as long as I have. This time has been very precious to me and I cannot thank you enough."

"You're always welcome." Calum was the one to promise Niall this. It brought Niall great comfort to see how far they'd come since his arrival.

While Niall was comforted, the others were surprised by Calum's words. However, none showed this surprise. They only pondered it for a moment as they each turned their attention to Calum. Calum had been so tense and hostile since Niall had joined them, until recently that is. None of them expected him to encourage Niall back after the way he'd acted before. Although, it set a peaceful tone over the atmosphere and brought a smile to Luke's features.

"We hate to see you go, mate." Michael admitted. "Dibs on being Enna's new best friend!" He shouted only moments after.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Calum quickly contended, throwing a hand out in Michael's direction in a gesture that told him to stop what he was doing. "Wait just a damn minute, why do you-"

"Lads, it's no use." Niall told them with a chuckle. "None of you can replace me."

"Well," Calum began with a shrug. "You never know-"

"No, he's right." Sienna said nonchalantly, pulling her hair into a bun as she cuddled closer to Niall.

Calum put a hurt expression on his features, knowing it would make Sienna smile. When the playful smile he had been expecting grew on her lips, he couldn't help but return it.

He glanced at her hair, now tied up in a bun on top of her head. A few blonde strands trickled down in soft curls around the back of her neck. His eyes focused there for a moment, on the curve of her neck where he liked to hide his face when they lied in bed at night tangled around each other. Each day he found himself looking forward to going to bed each night, eager to hold Sienna close to him.