Twelve

The sound of someone aggressively clearing their throat woke Calum. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking rapidly to adjust to the sunlight coming through the windows of the bus.

When Calum's eyes adjusted, they focused on a irritated looking Ashton who towered above him and Sienna.

Ashton's arms were crossed across his chest as he glared down at Calum.

"Good morning, honey." Calum groaned sarcastically.

"You better get your ass up before Luke sees you." Ashton warned.

Calum let out a sigh before he gently shifted out from beneath Sienna. He laid her gently on the sofa and was relieved when she didn't wake up.

Calum stretched, releasing a groan before rubbing his aching neck.

Must've slept on it wrong, Calum thought. He looked back down at Sienna who was still sleeping soundly. So worth it.

"Should I even ask why you two are all cuddled up?" Ashton asked sharply.

"I couldn't sleep." Calum shrugged. "I got out of bed and came to grab a water. I found her making tea because she couldn't sleep either." He explained. "We had some tea and talked. I guess we fell asleep." Calum told the truth, but Ashton wasn't buying it. Ashton raised his eyebrows at Calum and waited to hear the truth. "Don't look at me like that. Nothing happened." Calum rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to Sienna.

Ashton followed Calum's gaze before studying the look in his eyes.

"Be careful, mate." Ashton warned, realizing what was happening between the two even though they hadn't realized it themselves. "What happens if you fall for her?" Ashton asked, hoping to spark caution in Calum's mind.

"What if I do?" Calum retorted quickly. "So what?"

"Luke would kill you." Ashton admitted simply.

"Luke would understand." Calum stated harshly.

"He would see a rockstar going after an innocent girl who happens to be his family." Ashton explained. "And the rockstar taking advantage of her would be one of his best mates which makes it a million times worse." Calum didn't want to listen to Ashton, but he knew he was right. "You know that's how he would see it. He's insanely protective of his family." Ashton paused to take a breath. Calum, full of newfound disappointment, rubbed his face. "Besides, she's been through enough. She doesn't need anymore trouble with Luke."

"I would be good for her." Calum said defensively.

"You don't have to date her to be good for her." Ashton said quickly.

Calum didn't know how to argue that.

"Fine." Calum sighed, throwing a hand up in frustration. "Whatever. I won't go for it." He turned to go take a shower, but Ashton stopped him.

"I'm just looking out for you, mate." Ashton assured him. "Both of you."

"I know." Calum sighed, turning and walking away.

~~~~~~

Calum took Ashton's warning to heart. He decided to stop getting so close to Sienna before they both ended up hurt.

He'd been avoiding her all day. Something Sienna noticed quite quickly.

She'd asked him to help her pick out an outfit for the show and he'd responded with "Michael is better for that."

She'd asked him to play Mario Kart with her and he'd quickly rejected her with a "Maybe some other time."

He hadn't even looked her way. Sienna knew something was wrong. She was determined to find out what it was.