Forty-two

"Okay," Sienna chirped as she and Niall entered the boys' makeshift recording studio. Each head turned in their direction at the sound of Sienna's voice. "Strawberry with fudge," She extended the ice cream in her hand in Michael's direction. A casual grin decorated her features. "And extra sprinkles."

Michael clambered up from his seat next to Calum and rushed across the room, his arms outstretched for his ice cream and a wild look in his eyes.

"I love you." He took his ice cream in one hand and threw his other arm around Sienna. He kissed her head quickly before he began shoveling ice cream into his mouth.

They each chuckled as they watched Michael devour his ice cream.

"For the rest of you," Niall spoke up, extending the beverages in his hands. "Coffee."

Sienna saw as a quick look of relief pass over David's face as he saw the coffee. He looked exhausted from spending the morning trying to get the boys to record.

Niall made his way around the room, distributing coffee to each of them.

Ashton chugged his, Luke took sips in between takes of the song he was recording, Calum took a drink of his and made a distasteful face, David's disappeared after two large gulps.

Sienna smiled at Calum's soured expression, knowing he wasn't fond of black coffee but often forced himself to drink it so he had enough energy to get through the long days.

"So," Ashton began after finishing his coffee, relaxing back into his seat and tossing the empty coffee cup into a bin in the corner of the room. "You went bowling without us." He said, a joking tone of disappointment thick in his voice. He gave a disapproving tone, but Sienna could see the smile tugging at his lips, his dimples fighting their way to the surface of his cheeks despite his efforts to subdue them. "Poor Michael has been in all sorts of hysterics."

Ashton gestured to Michael, causing everyone's attention to switch to the lad devouring an ice cream.

Michael froze, mid lick, as all eyes fell on him. After a moment of confusion, Michael slowly continued licking his ice cream, the melted pink snack all over his face and dripping onto his shirt.

Chuckles passed across the room. Sienna turned her attention back to Ashton who fought his urge to laugh.

"What do you have to say for yourselves?" Ashton crossed his arms over his chest, glancing back and forth between Sienna and Niall.

Sienna and Niall looked quickly at each other. Niall gave her a quick shrug of his shoulders and a chuckle.

"You're my favorite so you can't stay mad at me?" Sienna said slowly with a slight wince as if knowing her response was a poor one.

For a moment, she and Ashton held each other's gaze. Ashton hoped his disapproval act would hold strong, but Sienna stood her ground. All she had to do was bat her eyes, she knew this. She knew Ashton had a soft spot for her which meant she would win a stare off with him any day.

"You got me." Ashton caved, throwing his hands up as his usual contagious grin spread across his face.

"Come on, man!" Calum exclaimed in defeat, throwing his hands up. "You totally had her! Just a few seconds longer and-"

"Look at that face!" Ashton defended, gesturing to Sienna. "She looks at you with those big blue eyes and you're done."

Tell me about it, Calum thought.

"She plays the "you're my favorite" card and you're done." Calum corrected.

"Oh, please." Michael scoffed, finishing his ice cream. "Says the guy who stays at Enna's beck and call."