Twenty-three

After a long, sleepless night, Sienna never left Calum's mind.

Sienna, however, was doing everything in her power to keep Calum off her mind. The more she thought of him, the worse she felt.

At least now, when the sadness got the best of her, she could turn to Ashton as well as Niall.

The thought of her best friend tugged at her heart.

She missed his ridiculously loud laugh and his cheesy jokes. She missed siting up all night laughing and eating mint chocolate ice cream while they watched movies.

She was fiddling with some of the equipment backstage, running her fingertips over the dials and buttons that controlled the stage lights.

She let out a sigh.

Down the hall in the boy's dressing room, the four lads were standing around getting ready for the show.

Luke was fidgeting with his earplugs, Ashton was tweeting about how excited he was for the show, Michael was eating a pre-show cheeseburger, and Calum was bouncing to get his heart rate up.

When a familiar Irish lad strolled into the dressing room, Michael was the first to react.

"NIALL!" Michael screamed, rushing to embrace him quickly.

"We didn't know you were coming!" Luke cheered laughingly as the rest of the lads piled into a group hug around Niall. 

Calum had been thrilled to see Niall's familiar, happy face, until the realization of why he was there set in.

Sienna, Calum realized.

Backstage, Sienna could hear the commotion coming from the dressing room. Her curiosity got the best of her and she made her way in that direction.

"Where's my girl?" Sienna heard the familiar voice ask as she made her way down the hall. She froze where she stood.

It can't be, Sienna thought. He's on the other side of the world.

She willed herself to keep moving. She started again, cautiously this time, five lads shuffled out of the dressing room.

Her eyes filled with tears at the first glimpse of blonde hair.

Niall and Sienna's eyes found each other at the exact same moment.

Niall grinned widely at the sight of her.

Before she could even process that he was really there, she was running in his direction.

Niall rushed quickly to meet her, but when Sienna reached him, the impact took both of them to the floor.

The pair of them lied on the floor for a few moments, tangled around each other and Niall's laughter filling the air.

The lads watched them in amusement, even Calum found a smile on his face despite the unsettling feeling in his chest.

"Enna." Niall groaned laughingly. "Babe, if you squeeze me any harder, you'll break me." He rubbed his hand across her back in loving strokes as he held her.