Chapter 4 - Caitlynn Acacia

Friday – March 20th 2020

I am constantly looking nervously around as without my male confidence and male privileges...I realize a powerful truth: 'I'm female through-and-through!'

Although my beauty can command the emotions, hearts, and lust of men...I am also at a terrible disadvantage! Not all men are honorable!

Take my friend Blair for example: he is a womanizer and even Matt has his share of out-of-the-box relationships!

Being Caitlynn means more than looking pretty and having a killer body! There also come's the risks of sexual harassment and even rape!

'God! Why didn't I think of that before!?'

Now walking out here in the city, the dark was sort of intimidating!

Nevertheless, living in the times of COVID makes my journey somewhat safer as I pass not a soul as the only traffic were both men and women running to catch the ferry on time! They hardly even bat an eye at me. Much of my own worry about the world -- was all in my own head!

Inside the sanctity of my condo, I locked the door and closed my window as I looked at the locket shimmering on the kitchen table. I remove my heels; as my feet were killing me!

Wearing them for two hours straight hurts! I cannot imagine eight hours! I might be a woman in this form, but unless I find a proper fitting heel that is like heaven to walk in, I might have to go with flats before plantar fasciitis sets in!

Picking up the locket, I open it and look at the image of the pretty girl inside.

She looks just like me...and yet, somewhere deep inside my heart, I feel that I have seen her from somewhere before!

She was so young and charming in the image, maybe 13 years old, if I had to guess. I looked at the picture on the left as I looked at the image of the same 13-year-old girl and an older woman in her 40s... She looked so similar to the fairy who had given me this form.

What was the story behind this locket? And who was that girl!? Was she a fairy too?!

And why was I turning into her every time I open and close this locket!?

I do not know...at least...not yet! Something in my heart and mind says that I should. Something about Aradia and Caitlynn haunts me; but what it was; I was not certain.

I lightly close the locket as I feel myself transform back into my male form and look at the locket once more as it was stained in a reddish-brown color with deep scratches gouged in the metal. Something about these stains and marks made me feel that whatever the truth was...it had ended tragically! I hate to think about it...but these stains look almost like blood...human blood?!

Grossed out, I lightly deposit the locket back on the kitchen table as I just stare at it.

'There is something about it...like I have seen it before! But that is impossible!'

I turn away, turning off my kitchen light as I walked to bed, changing into nighttime garbs and crawl tiredly under the covers.

Saturday – March 21st 2020

My alarm went off as I opened my rheum-laden sandy eyes and looked at the clock.

It was 8am...one hour before I must go see Matthew.

I have butterflies! Butterflies from last night's flirting and butterflies for what is still yet to come. I slowly scoot out of bed as I placed my tired sore feet on the floor. No one ever said that being a woman was ache-free!