Chapter 37 - River Acacia

Thursday – October 29th 2020

"Come on girl." says River Acacia as he was all saddled up, hiding on the back of his faithful painted horse "Let's get those cattle rounded up back into the barn before that incoming storm!" as he trots her gently across the rich Earth.

Before meeting Aradia, Hawaii had always been his home. The son of a farmer and a once highly successful fisherman. That was how Aradia and he had first met...at sea...lost in a violent tropical depression.

Aradia walked across the gravel road as she is looking at the well, up-kept farm as she could sense the use of magic, nearby.

'He's still practicing with the gifts I had given him on our Wailing night!' It warmed her heart as she feared that he had given up everything to do with the Aos Si and especially her.

She has been feeling rather odd in these last few days...since Monday when she was having terrible nightmares of Caitlynn's death...but this time it wasn't Caitlynn...it was her other daughter, Carolynn. She would have called to check up on Carolynn, but she did not want to ruin her daughter's last week.

It was because of the paradox that she had decided to follow her daughter's advice and seek out her ex-husband, and to make amends for the heinous things that she has put him through!

She was worried that he would not want to see her. He might yell and scream at her for using accursed Void Magic on him.

"Uhm..." as Aradia walks over gently towards him "...good evening...River!"

River froze in the saddle as that voice haunted his dreams. He turns and looks down at the lovely woman he saw in the sea. The woman who defied her people and saved his life. It was because of this that she was outcast to the surface. To his human world.

"Aradia!?" as he was shocked to see her and turns this ride around to have a closer look at her. He looks into her enchanting silver eyes as they glittered in the Hawaiian sunset. "What in the Sam Hill are you doing out here?!"

"I just wanted to talk! Do you have a few minutes?" she asked, expecting to be sent away. However, he looks down at his love and smiled.

"For you?" his voice carries on the wind "Always."

Aradia was shocked at the level of forgiveness in his soul. It was his soul's pure light that made Caitlynn such a powerful Aos Si.

"How many years has it been?" she asks "Six?"

"About that." as he climbs down from the saddle, saddle sore. "I haven't seen you since the divorce settlement." He walks ever so slowly to her. His body still bearing the wounds from the Void Magic she used on him "So, whatever you wanted to talk about must be mighty important if it brought you all the way across the ocean...which I know is hard to cross for you and your kind."

"I've been doing some thinking recently." she comments, looking at the scars she had inflicted with her dark magic "I see now that everything I did in the past was so wrong. I never grieved for our daughter in a healthy way. I vented all of my emotions in ways that I never should have. Obsessing over bringing her back to life was the worst thing I could have ever done. I've since completely given up all Blood Magic and Void Magic that I was experimenting with." she took a deep breath, getting to the point.

"But more than anything, I came here because I wanted to say that I am sorry. For everything. For all the nasty things I had said to you when you were just trying to help me. For all the pain I have caused you, and for being so selfish and self-centered when you were grieving as well. And most importantly" as she cries "I'm so sorry for hitting you in the end. I'll never forgive myself for that!"