Chapter 13 - Dispelling Blair

Sunday – April 12th 2020

Four days had already passed on by as the week had finally come to an end. I sat at the edge of my bed as I looked at the clothing mother had laid out for me to wear. She had been preparing me for this very moment since I texted her four days ago.

I cannot believe that I dedicated these four days, remaining in Caitlynn's form...by the old rules, it will take me 96 hours just to mentally switch back to my old personality. However, mother said that it was vital to my success that I submerge my old personality and grow as Caitlynn so that I can take on Blair.

With my modeling schedule, my date with Blair, and assisting November in her new business -- it is highly unlikely that I will mentally switch back to being Skylynn for almost a whole week...and unlike before, I now was okay with it!

"This is a bad idea!" I say as mom comes over, comforting me.

"What is the problem now, sweetie?" she asks as I look over at her.

"Caitlynn's personality is 'boy-crazy'! Even when I was facing him in the gym, I couldn't back down! What if I fall under his spell again?!"

"I seriously doubt it." mom explains her thoughts. "When you were growing up, did you ever go through a phase when you were girl-crazy?" I nodded, blushing.

"Yeah, but it didn't last long!"

"Well, the same goes with Caitlynn." mom says "I remember when I first met you in her form, you seemed very young and childish. Your vocabulary and demeanor seemed like a high school girl's. But the more you transformed and experienced life through her eyes, she has slowly matured along with you. It is half the reason you managed to see through that young man's schemes and evade him -- you're growing up."

"Or she was well aware of what she was doing!" I grumble as the 'boy-crazy' week was hell for me.

"I seriously doubt it!" mom says as she helped me change into the yellow dress. "To plan an elaborate scheme like that, you'd need more than just a personality! You'd need her memories and dreams."

"But isn't it odd that I'd target all of my friends!?"

"Not at all." as she brushes my hair "You admitted yourself that you were suspicious of their alternative motives. Caitlynn only provided you with the means to get the truth. But to make you accept it, sometimes we must endure humility and pain!"

"So, I punished my own self!" as that was the closes I shall ever admit to sadomasochism!

"Maybe, but you might have a point about Caitlynn's motives."

"Oh?" as I like to hear this.

"Again, think of the first day I gave you your locket. You were uncertain, angry, remorseful, and manipulative. I nearly had to consume a whole bottle of Tylenol with all the yelling you did! That same time, you flirted with two guys and your demeanor seemed to be of a 'needy' child."

"High school personality." I confirmed as mom nodded her head.

"But last week, you were a whole different person. Thoughtful, reflective, caring, and nurturing. Your relationship with November has deepened; even while you were as Caitlynn. Your boy-crazy phase has died down..."

"But I am still checking them out!" I whined.

"Sweetie...your female! It's biology!" mom blurts as she continues "You cannot avoid the sensations and thoughts of the female mind! Then, a few days ago you treated me out to lunch and focused on me."