Chapter 36 - Last Sunrise

Friday – October 30th 2020

"Thank you for saving my sister's life!" I replied, glancing up at the radiant goddess.

"You are dearly welcome, my dear child of the moon." she then takes off her necklace and places it around my neck, saying. "May the crystals of Atlantis shed light in your darkest hour!"

I surprised the ancient fairy goddess by wrapping my arms around her, giving her a hug. She wasn't certain what to think at the moment, since no mortal has ever hugged her ever before. She slowly embraces me and smiles, softly telling me...

"Swim well, my child."

I begin to notice the world reversing as I was leaving the world in-between worlds and stepped back into the paradox's present. However, before I could leave, I heard the moon goddess utter one word.

"Diana." she says as I glanced back.

"Pardon me?" I asked as I am almost free from this afterlife.

"You asked me of my name...it is Diana." I smiled as I lightly bowed my head, so pleased.

"Thank you for guiding me, Goddess Diana."

I took another step upon the warm sand as it squishes between my toes. My Caribbean blue dress billows in the warm tropical breeze as I looked east to see the sun rising over the cress of the ocean. It's radiant warm rays glisten on my skin as all I could do was smile.

'There is no better experience then experiencing a mortal life!'

I turned back to the ocean as I no longer felt its madding pull. Instead, the ocean sings a new song to me: a song of reminder of where home was. The fear of the unknown was vanquished as I smiled and turned back to the resort as I was unaware that I have been gone for almost five days: Turned into sea foam and scattered upon the breeze. Only my clothes and jewelry were all that remains.

I walk to the apartment that November and I were sharing as I came to a locked door and knocked on the metal as I hoped that she was awake. I knock once again after not receiving a message and waited for a moment longer as it was clear that no one was home.

I looked down the path as I wondered what to do? Have I've been gone so long that everyone had already left? I honestly do not know what day it is any longer -- time has no meaning when you are dead! But I have an idea from the subtle hint that Diana had given me.

'It must be October 30th! She should still be here, somewhere.'

I remembered breakfast...something I was told to attend every morning as it seemed ritualistic that we all ate the food that they prepared for us. And to be honest, I was starving!

I walked to the Convention Center that was leased by the Wailing Ceremony as the doors were open, so I peeked inside to see if this was still the Wailing Ceremony or some other party. I certainly do not want to crash someone's private event!

I saw a familiar face walk by as I smiled, relieved.

'Coral Thompson!' I began to recognize the other faces of Sandra Marry, Zoey Agrippa and when I looked over at the buffet line, I saw November and Blake sitting with Adamaris, weeping.

I hurried as I walked through the crowd banquet hall as I made a B-line towards those dearest to me. I walked pass a reflective surface as I noticed that I was now in the form of Carolynn...my normal Acacia form. No longer could I ever achieve my old male form, for it was the price that I had to pay to be alive. I gulped as I did know how November would receive me.

I walked to the outer edge of their grieving circle as I was all choked up.

'Maybe they can't see me?' as I know what it is like to walk around, as a ghost.